Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

We are planning for
2 sussex
2 barred rock to see if they are as nice as people say and which is nicer, the BR or the buff orps we have.

Then I have to decide On BCM from a breeder if we are getting 6 and selling 4 when mature they have the darkest shade she has been developing for 3 seasons. Way darker than they chicks I got last year from hatchery.

If we add more activity bars to the run and the perch tree I want to build I think we can do it.

Would add more but we are pretty full.

Your friend is wrong barred rocks are the friendliest they are so sweet I love them mine I've had two two generations of a flock of barred rocks and they are the only ones that will actually eat out of my hand he will jump in my lap and they love me
Barred rocks in general are known to be the birds higher on the rankings, which usually translates to a bird that isn't afraid to bicker with other hens. When you add that to a flock with super docile birds, that can equal an aggressive appearing bird

I find ordering new chicks so much fun. I have a small backyard (front yard) flock and just ordered 4 new chicks for the spring. I am excited to learn what you ordered/plan to order or are excited for the 2023 year. I ordered a salmon faverolle, a bielefeder, a buff orpington and a lakeside egger. What did you get or are planning to get?
Where are you all ordering from where minimums are less than 5 chicks? I only need 3!

Back
Top Bottom