Ordering spring chicks....so much fun. What did you get?

Pics

chickykids

Songster
May 25, 2021
I find ordering new chicks so much fun. I have a small backyard (front yard) flock and just ordered 4 new chicks for the spring. I am excited to learn what you ordered/plan to order or are excited for the 2023 year. I ordered a salmon faverolle, a bielefeder, a buff orpington and a lakeside egger. What did you get or are planning to get?

I want the French type Cuckoo Marans, but I haven't found a place to get them at a reasonable price (Cackle is too pricey and their small order fees are too high for my liking).

I want a couple more California Whites and something that will lay blue eggs FOR SURE but isn't red.

I'm going to hatch a lot more Blue Australorps.

My wife and I ordered 16! These will be our first chickens.
We got Barred Rocks, Amerecaunas (Easter Eggers?), Anconas, and one random Chick. A friend told us the Barred Rocks may not be friendly though...

Our friend has Brahma's which are SUPER sweet and docile.
My barred rocks are friendly and follow me around! They can be a little flighty sometimes but for the most part are pretty mellow!

We have ordered Barred Rocks, Dominiques, Buff Orpingtons, and Amberlinks. Still trying to decide on some more, between Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire and ISA Brown.
Then for white egg layers trying to pick between White Leghorn, Red Leghorn and Buff Minorca.
Then there’s the decision of what breed of roosters. It’s all fun and exciting.

Back
Top Bottom