Oregon bill seeks to criminalize breeding/raising livestock for meat

Pics
We should all stuff down our gullet more fruits and vegetables. Most Americans USA don't .
I do. When my garden is in full bore summer to fall, rest the yr I can't.
Sounds like some have a aversion to pork/pig maybe meat in general?
I have even though I love vegetables, a aversion to eating any vegetable that doesn't come from my garden.
I just don't like and don't trust.
Anyone that has ate a fresh tomato off a plant , love matter sandwiches, and then bought a tomato in a store.... No comparison, fresh carrot, don't even try to compare . My favorite fall time food besides venison, Winter squash, love it more than candy , ain't no candy bar sweeter or tastier than a good winter squash.
But "organic" buy organic!
Lol, do you trust that? I just can't. There is no confirmation other than the honor system . Do you trust that?
And then how do they handle it?
A lot of times coming from a different country , trust them?
I'll get my vegies from my garden.

Sooner or later they gonna try making it so no one can have animals or even live in rural areas they want everyone living in smart toxic cities.

Didn't they recently say no farmers can use cow poo too or try pass something like that? At the end of the day the people have no one else to blame but themselves because as a collective we let these people with there mighty arrogance and assumes authority take and take and take from us while most passively go alone.
Lol 🤣🤣🤣
Don’t get me started on the government. I can’t stand them.

One of humanity’s biggest burdens is the government! Barr none!

We need a new system already! This government is as worn out as an old dish towel.

Ok wait, I know this is getting off topic, but how does eating your encapsulated placenta risk transferring bacteria to your baby? The placenta was feeding the baby while it was in utero, and the placenta is dessicated immediately to prevent spoilage, so where are these foreign bacteria coming from that aren't already in the baby in the first place? Good thing I'd already lost all faith in the competence of the CDC or I'd be disappointed.

We should all stuff down our gullet more fruits and vegetables. Most Americans USA don't .
I have even though I love vegetables, a aversion to eating any vegetable that doesn't come from my garden.
Anyone that has ate a fresh tomato off a plant , love matter sandwiches, and then bought a tomato in a store.... No comparison, fresh carrot, don't even try to compare . My favorite fall time food besides venison, Winter squash, love it more than candy , ain't no candy bar sweeter or tastier than a good winter squash.
Lol, do you trust that? I just can't. There is no confirmation other than the honor system . Do you trust that?
Home grown vegetables are better then store bought, that's for sure.

Ok wait, I know this is getting off topic, but how does eating your encapsulated placenta risk transferring bacteria to your baby? The placenta was feeding the baby while it was in utero, and the placenta is dessicated immediately to prevent spoilage, so where are these foreign bacteria coming from that aren't already in the baby in the first place? Good thing I'd already lost all faith in the competence of the CDC or I'd be disappointed.
You can always shoot them a comment?

The CDC has been so fickle and confusing throughout the entire COVID-19 drama.

Ever since last March, they’ll say one thing, and totally contradict themselves the next. I don’t think they know much about what they’re talking about!
I could say so much more, lol. I’ll leave it at that.

ps. Don’t forget to wear your mask into a restaurant, so you can take it off when you sit down 🙄

Lol

Ducklingguy 🦆

Sooner or later they gonna try making it so no one can have animals or even live in rural areas they want everyone living in smart toxic cities.

Didn't they recently say no farmers can use cow poo too or try pass something like that? At the end of the day the people have no one else to blame but themselves because as a collective we let these people with there mighty arrogance and assumes authority take and take and take from us while most passively go alone.
I did hear something about that, though now I can't remember what the context was. Something to do with limiting when people could grow crops on their fields, and saying that if you're not supposed to be growing crops during that time, then you have no reason to be putting manure from your own animals on them either, so let's just make that illegal, too. But I think I heard about this in a youtube video so I can't vouch for the accuracy of it, as I haven't seen the original source.

But yes, this is why they say "people get the government they deserve." Unfortunately, the way government works in this country, the population keeps increasing, yet laws are increasingly centralized in the federal government, which means that in effect our voting power is more diluted every election. So even a large number of like-minded people living in the same area can be overruled by a larger mass of differently-minded people living on the other side of the country. Which is why we keep having this friction between the urban dwellers and the rural population. Why not just let communities determine most of their own laws and save the federal government for things that require massive funding or interstate cooperation? But alas I'm delving into politics...:duc

I agree that veggies are always better from your own garden. Unfortunately, living the arctic tundra of New England, our growing season is tragically short. And my stupid rental property has pretty poor soil, so while I do what I can to amend it, it takes a lot of work just to squeeze a small harvest out of it before the fall frost comes. And it's nowhere near enough to meet the produce needs of a family of 4 for the entire year.

I wouldn't say I "trust" organic, but I have actually researched the standards, what is allowed and what isn't, and how it's inspected, and generally, if it's grown in the US, I figure it's at least safer than "conventional". I still rate home-grown food as the best, and produce from a local farm that doesn't use pesticides as a close second. There are very few organic farms near me and those seem to have very little available, so you have to go to the farmers market and talk to the vendors and ask them what they use on the crops, and sometimes the kids they hire to man the produce stand don't know and tell you that "no they don't spray anything," only to find out from the actual farmer on a later visit that "yes of course we spray, you can't grow raspberries around here without pesticides!" :heSo for the other 3/4 of the year when there's no garden and no farmers market, I go for organic produce, grown in the US whenever possible, because I think the USDA and its penalties are at least strict enough to scare most domestic growers from trying to cheat.

But what else can you do? Try to improve your ability to grow more of your own food, of course, but that process can take years if you're not independently wealthy, and in the meantime you have to feed your kids. You can throw up your hands and say it's all crap so just buy whatever is cheapest, or you can do your best to try to figure out which products are the least tainted and opt for those.

Back
Top Bottom