Oregon Spring Poultry Swap April 23, 2011 in Canby!!!

Congrats Daze on your baby gosling!! How excitiing
wee.gif
ya.gif

I've thought about raising more geese but I they are soooo messy so am just sticking to chickens, maybe a duck or two and the new flock of peafowl I sort of *inherited/bought* from a lady needing to place some birds
ep.gif

Quote:
congrats!!! I always feel that way for the first week, then I can't imagine keeping whatever hatches
lol.png

Yes I can see that happening too! Are you the one that said that the peeping of chicks can get like nails on a chaulk board? I had that experience for the first time last weekend! I had like 50 chicks in the living room and they kept us up all hours of the night! Thankfully they are all in the garage now!

I am loving the talk of armadillos! It is entertaining!
lol.png

Nope, that was me....experiencing it again right now..... LOL

Congrats on the Sebbie!! Jean says they are like puppies when they are babies....
love.gif

big_smile.png
had to share..... Just got off the phone with my dad who was like
lau.gif
for about 5 minutes straight before he could speak when I asked him if he knew how to get hold of a few dillo babes. When I told him I was serious, it was more
lau.gif
and man y'all really do smoke too much of that green stuff up there!
gig.gif
my dad thinks he's such the comedian! But I finally got him to calm down and he's in pursuit of some armadillo pets.
ya.gif

Quote:
That. Is. Awesome!!! Do you know what sort of set up they need? Life span? etc???

I'll do a bit of research. I know they are very timid, probably not as much if they're raised from babies. They're diggers and they LOVE bulbs and tubers. Used to drive my mom insane, but she never did anything about them as she wouldn't hurt a fly! They dig and burrow so you'd need to close off the floor like gnarley mentioned. You'd probably have to figure a winter set up as well as I'm pretty sure they're not super cold hardy.

Oh and did you get my pm clover? Did I even send one? Feel a little crazy these days
wink.png

I now also have porcelain and mille fleur d'uccle chicks, hatched yesterday. DancingHen gets first dibs, but I doubt she wants all 16 chicks. LOL I'd love to see some of these go before the swap, so if anyone wants some NOW, they'll be cheaper than they will be after I've fed them for almost a month...
wink.png

Quote:
If only you could tell me which porcelains were girls
lol.png

I should be able to tell by swap time...
wink.png
...that is, if there's any left by then...I'm not keeping any.

Last edited:
Quote:
If only you could tell me which porcelains were girls
lol.png

I should be able to tell by swap time...
wink.png
...that is, if there's any left by then...I'm not keeping any.

Well, if you have a girl left by then, I would love her
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom