Oregon Spring Poultry Swap April 23, 2011 in Canby!!!

Sunday morning... I definitely feel better after sleep! I was in bed by 9!
big_smile.png
Daze's Buttercup and ZooMummzy's Jacques and Lulu are all settling fine... gorgeous birds; I sat with each of them on my lap and welcomed them home.
smile.png
I was wishing for a sunny day today to show them the backyard, but looks like another week of rain on tap.
tongue.gif

Last night, I had a well-deserved reward (for what, I don't know) - a slice of Zoo's Sunshine cheesecake! Oh, my, it was wonderful!!!
droolin.gif
I had promised myself to share with friends... but it'll be hard...
lol.png
I'm sorry the potluck didn't happen, but my hens are enjoying some of the rice salad
gig.gif
And the Ayeup cupcake I had at the swap was also heavenly!
big_smile.png
And I tasted the honey this morning - I will be happily cooking with this soon!
thumbsup.gif

I do wish I had more leisure to really look at all the wonderful things and birds... but next time I won't be a newbie, and perhaps can relax and enjoy more!!

Anyone else get knocked down by that Easter Bunny? I didn't know I could be this tired....I'm pretty sure he hit me with his big basket of candy while I was done too
lol.png

Happy Easter everyone! Glad to see people are keeping the party going over in the fall thread....I'd miss our daily laughs!

Zoomummzy, I got the marionberry cheesecake and it is awesome! I'm glad that I could take something home that my husband actually liked!

Daze, Love the cochins! Thank you so much. I hope the golden cuckoo marans turn out very nice for you. My mom will be home from Eugene today and I know she is going to flip over the frizzle!!!

Ayeup, Thank you for the lovely strawberries and peonies. They are already perking up. One of my favorite flowers (hope I can keep them alive). And thank you for letting me take the other 2 blue cochin pullets.

I am glad that Lindy sold some of her silkies. She and I both got some awesome silkies from Karen. We got home to rain late last night.

That was my first swap and I had a great time! Worth the drive from Medford but I look forward to the next one being a little closer.

Everybody was super nice. My sister in law, my new friend Lindy and I all really enjoyed our day.

Thank you Clover, hope your antibiotics kick in quickly.

See you all next time.

Thank you everyone for setting this up! I wasn't able to go, but my messenger mother was so wonderful and picked up my items for me.

K7 Menagerie: I just got an email that the eggs are in the incubator! I am so excited for these guys!
Zoomummzy: we're having our cheesecake for dessert today, I'm pretty excited
lol.png

Celiandy: The diapers are ADORABLE! I'm gonna go stick one on Molly and see what she does, haha!

Quote:
It was a great turnout and we had so much fun meeting people.. my DH said on the way home.. "I guess we're chicken people now".. Guess having a barn full doesn't count I am on my second cup (mug) of coffee and still feel tired.
caf.gif
Moved my 4 week olds (5 Lemon blue cochins, 3 mutt, 2 Australorps, 3 dominiques, Buff Orph) to a pen in the barn to free up the big brooder. My incubator has been whirring along plus I added some feed store peeps.. and today it's clean the brooder and move the 40 something chicks out there .. 12 BLRW, 2 cochins, Cuckoo maran, Egyptian Fayoumi, Crele Penedesecna oh and 3 mottled Java's... from the garage.

Happy Easter Everyone...
bun.gif

Quote:
It was a great turnout and we had so much fun meeting people.. my DH said on the way home.. "I guess we're chicken people now".. Guess having a barn full doesn't count I am on my second cup (mug) of coffee and still feel tired.
caf.gif
Moved my 4 week olds (5 Lemon blue cochins, 3 mutt, 2 Australorps, 3 dominiques, Buff Orph) to a pen in the barn to free up the big brooder. My incubator has been whirring along plus I added some feed store peeps.. and today it's clean the brooder and move the 40 something chicks out there .. 12 BLRW, 2 cochins, Cuckoo maran, Egyptian Fayoumi, Crele Penedesecna oh and 3 mottled Java's... from the garage.

Happy Easter Everyone...
bun.gif

Where did you get your Dominiques, can I ask? I love everything Dominique!

Thanks again everyone for such a perfect swap! We sold most everything we brought, but were able to "swap" for some beautiful necklaces (one became a perfect birthday gift at just the right day!) and some OH SO GOOD honey.

My mom said Brutus and tallyho's pullet settled in perfectly last nice.. I'm waiting for an update this morning, but sounds like they're right at home
smile.png

Peepacheep...I have my kefir working away in my pantry! Can't wait until I can taste it! My friend took the other...Thank you!

Last edited:
Great swap yesterday!!! Yep, 2 cups of coffee are not working this morning, I am sooo tired! Daze's Buff Brahma pullets are set up in one bathroom. The 2 week younger Speckled Sussex chicks in the other bathroom look very tiny compared to them.

The tomato-citrus marmalade is fantastic!!! I need to scroll back through the post, it was the end of the day I memory was zapped for your name, so sorry! Is there a chance I could get the recipe?

Tallyho: So glad the kefir is percolating along! Hope you enjoy it!

Nice meeting everyone. What a beautiful day!

okay Peepacheep... Need the yogurt recipe... Sooooo Nice to meet you!!!! You are such a nice person!!!

Back
Top Bottom