Oregon Summer Poultry Swap, Redmond, June 18th

I will work on a flyer, maybe can get it done today. I'm so tired right now can't do much of anything, but perhaps after a recharging nap I'll feel better. I will also do an updated have/want list.
big_smile.png

This is so exciting I am brand new to BYC and a central oregonian, while I won't have anything to bring to the swap on the 18th I will be attending in hopes of brining stuff home to our coop (s)
smile.png
I love beautiful layers and our kids are interested in show quality chickens/ducks/geese, etc! I can not wait to meet you all.............See you all there!

Hi Swimming!
welcome-byc.gif

I will be there with a few Marans babies (hopefully
fl.gif
fl.gif
) and will bring Narangansett turkey poults if anyone is interested!

Quote:
LOL Jen, if you're going to have me bring Sebbies back for you, they may not make it to your house. I would love to have a couple Sebastools running around my yard
love.gif

LOL,.. no, prob not. I was putting feelers out for colored goslings. Have two saddlebacks and I am thinking they are both male- although I got them after the window for safe vent sexing was closed the behavior (alert, watchful, bold) is male-ish.

What I was hoping you could give a ride back is a couple SLW. I have the crates. I have something for you in appreciation
wink.png

EVENT DETAILS

- Date: June 18th, 9:30amish - closing time, feel free to show up late or early!
..... Fireman's Lake City Park (off Lake Ave, off of Veteran's Way on the east side of Hwy 97 - still close in.
..... ADDRESS: Fireman's Pond, Sw Lake Ct, Redmond, OR 97756
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=180976478620205

RAFFLE

- 6mo BYC Golden Feather Membership (WallTenters)
- A small brooder built by my dear honey bunches of oats (yes, that's what I call him!) (WallTenters)
- Incredible Goat Milk Soap! (K7Menagerie)
- Feed bag tote (Celtic)
- Whiz Bang chicken plucker MANUAL (ChickenRonin)
- Possibly an older incubator (ChickenRonin)
- Pink (new) kid's camping chair (Karla Preston)

REGULATIONS

PLEASE BRING ONLY HEALTHY ANIMALS! No one wants to see any animal in poor condition. If you have such an animal at home, take it to the vet. *some animals this time of year are going into molt, and may still be a bit rough looking by the swap, that’s fine*

All animals must be properly contained. That includes dogs on leashes and birds properly held or caged. We want to be welcome back to the Redmond parks next year, so please be prepared to pack out what you pack in, including cleaning up any larger amounts of litter material that falls out of the cages as well as you can. No need to bring a vacuum, but I hope we can all keep the park looking neat and pretty for the next folks that come along.

I also wanted to say, please be respectful with your dogs. The last swap I went to there was a woman walking by with a small dog (leashed, thankfully) that was barking and growling at a cockerel I had in a crate. She saw no harm in this and was laughing about how the dog wanted to ‘play’, but it was very distressing for the young bird. I love my chickens as much as I love my puppies, and I don’t want anyone or anything to be unnecessarily stressed!

Let’s all just have a great day filled with fun!

Wall Tenters (aka Heaven)

BRINGING
- Hatching eggs, Dominiques, Orpingtons, Americaunas and EEs.
- Possibly some Japanese Bantams if Rhonda's boys have made their decisions on who they're keeping by then.
- Will probably have a few started pullets, cockerels and chicks of the breeds above.
- Tomato Starts - some heirloom, some modern varieties

WANTING
- Always want show/breeder quality hatching eggs, I love American and English breeds, heritage is always good
- Started plants! I need them!!
big_smile.png
And food, I love fresh food.
- I will pay a small fee for heritage/dp meat birds, price depends on age and quality of flesh, they will be going to chickie heaven right after the swap.
- Might consider a nice B/B/S Orpington pullet or two, nice large show/breeder quality birds
- A nice Blue Americauna pullet with lines to compliment what Rhonda's got already... please email me - my inbox is super full!
- Eating duck or two. I've never cooked a whole duck and would like to try a couple. Maybe trade for eggs? Or will pay asking price
big_smile.png

WizChick

BRINGING
- Beaded Jewelry

WANTING
- TBA

K7 Menagerie

BRINGING
- Goat Milk's Soap - awesome soap!!
big_smile.png

- Two nesting boxes, 4 holes each (photos page eight)

WANTING
- TBA

Celtic

BRINGING
- Eggs (? varieties ?)
- Crafts - details coming

WANTING
- TBA

PiperOmar (aka Laurel)

MIGHT BE BRINGING
- One Hink Jk Lavender Orptinton Rooster...he is gorgeous! hatched 8/2/10
- One English Import Blue Rooster hatched 9/17/10...also equally as gorgeous
- I can take reservation for two 1/2 dozen French Wheaten Marans eggs
- Lavender Orpington Fertile Eggs...all Hink lines
- Maybe some B/B/S Englsh Orp fertile eggs....exhibition quality
- I will also have fertile Lav Am/Lav Orp eggs.....Lavender Olive-Eggers!
- Dark Brahma hatching eggs...I have had nearly 100% fetility on these
- Salmon Faverolle hatching eggs
- 7 French Wheaten Marans (eggs in bator)
- 10 Salmon Faverolles (eggs in bator)
- 8 BBS Enlgish Import Orpingtons (eggs in bator)

WANTING
- One of Jeanine's lovely little Fav pullets for Henry....you know of which I speak, Jeanine!
- Another lovely Wheaten Marans pullet
- Maybe a nice off-the-ground brooder
- A nice Blue Copper Marans pullet or a Wheaten Marans pullet, feathered shanks

Oregon Blues

BRINGING
- Black Swedish ducklings, one month old at swap (a couple might be crested), one crested white, BY REQUEST ONLY
- 2 Stanbridge Whites, 3.5 weeks old at swap, BY REQUEST ONLY
- Treadle Feeders
- Friend is bringing some beaded work, including a hand beaded chandelier
- Another friend is bringing hand made candies and chocolates
big_smile.png

WANTING
- Blue American female Goose, would like to trade a 1yr old Saddleback Pomeranian goose
- Wizbang Plucker
- Exhibition quality Saddleback Pomeranians, either gender, either buff or gray, gosling or adult

seabreeze

BRINGING
- heritage Narangansett turkey poults
- possibly some more BC Marans pullets/cockerels

WANTING
- one of each of CathyM's marmalades

DancingHen

BRINGING (if requested)
- 2 Porcelain d'Uccle cockerels 5 weeks old right now....about 10 weeks at the swap (very nice looking!)
- 6 week old blue splash marans cockerel ...would be 11 weeks ate the swap. (super nice looking with feathered feet)
- white silkie hen 11 months old now...1 year at the swap. She is pet quality, but super broody. Also well handled and tame.

WANTING
- TBA

chickened (aka Ed)

BRINGING
- TBA

WANTING
- Silver Laced Polish

Katydid2011 (aka Katy)

BRINING
- TBA

WANTING
- Homemade candles, quilts, etc.

Jodi * Bend OR (aka Jodi)

BRINGING
- Some home-made crafts and maybe some veggie and flower starts.

WANTING
- Everything chicken!
big_smile.png

CathyM (aka Cathy)

BRINGING
- Chicken covers (photos page 12)
- Jams, boysenberry-orange marmalade, rasberry-orange marmalade, orange marmalade, half pints $3ea
- Fresh oregano, thyme and rosemary by request
- Kaleidoscope image T-Shirts, canvas bags, etc. - send her images for custom ones. (details page 13)
- Comfrey $2/4" pot

WANTING
- TBA

ChickenRonin

BRINING
- Several juvenile Seramas
- Cuckoo Marans chicks
- Silkie chicks (mostly white)
- Olive Eggers (pullets should be at point of lay by the swap)
- BCM and Wheaton Marans chicks (I only have a couple of each, and they are too young to sex at this time)
- Possibly a couple of LF Salmon Faverolle chicks

WANTING
- Any type of flowering ground cover
- Serama hatching eggs

dtran0268

BRINGING
- TBA

WANTING
- 4 White Call Ducklings

RiddleMe

BRINGING
- TBA

WANTING
- Marans, ameraucana, and/or EE pullets or SR chicks, prefer blues.

ultrasol

BRINGING
-TBA

WANTING
- Sebastopols

Becky (email)

BRINGING
- TBA

WANTING
- Ducklings, prefer Khaki Campbells or blue Swedish

Sarah Herbert (email)

BRINGING
- Quality made tractors and coops (www.cochickencoops.com)

WANTING
- TBA

Kathy Gault (email)

BRINGING
- TBA

WANTING
- A few older bantam chicks.

Jeremy Sackett (email)

BRINING
- TBA

WANTING
- Some reasonably priced chicks or hens

Karla Preston (email)

BRINGING
- Some young sandy Flemish Giant rabbits, quality pedigrees, breeding pairs available.
- Ornamental garden plants and lots of started veggies from greenhouse.
- Friend is bringing some nice Satin rabbits

WANTING
- TBA

Kathy (email)

BRINGING
- Flock of exhibition quality black wyandotte bantams

WANTING
- TBA

I finally have my internet back!
wee.gif
Trying to keep up with this thread from my phone was a pain in the behind.

Wall Tenters, I would love a few of your heirloom tomato plants, I have plenty of room left in the garden, and I can never have too many tomatoes!

Jen, we should have plenty of room in our car for whatever you need transported. I have several crates too, I'm sure I can find one that is the right size for your birds. Btw, those buff silkies I got from you are doing geat. They are super broody, I'm using them to hatch out Serama eggs for me
big_smile.png

If anyone is interested in Calls, I have 3 call ducklings available. One white, one chocolate, and one that I think is blue, but might be black. I hatched these from eggs that came from Sebrightmom. I will only bring them to the swap if I have a confirmed buyer, and I will not separate them.

PM me for pictures of any of my birds.

I am wanting some of those heirloom tomato plants as well.
I also plan on selling market tote bags made form recycled feed bags.
At this point, I have decided to keep my extra Lavender Orpington rooster.

Back
Top Bottom