Oregon

Coffee,
Actually I was at Silver Creek Fellowship for NW Family Camp with our church. It was crazy hot!!! However, I am so very glad that the rain is here. My windows are open wide and fans are going full bore... Let that cool air in here!!!
big_smile.png
I have to admit it is odd going from Tank tops and shorts to jeans and a long sleeve shirt though!

Next week I'm heading to the S. Coast to go see my parental units and my older male sibling. I'm so looking forward to the coastal weather..... and my Mom's back berry cream puffs.
wink.png
I'll have to bring some back to share!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Tipchick

Hi everybody! I'm in Canby. I had a couple of Barred Rock hens when I was 11/12 until they were eaten(not by us). Ever since I moved out, I've been dreaming of being able to have some chickens and ducks again, but for now it's out of the question. We live in downtown Canby, and even though we have a large yard, I'm not sure if it's legal, and I think our neighbors would have an issue too.
sad.png
I grew up in the Carus area near Oregon City and hope someday to move back there with the family and get the hobby farm I always wanted. It's great to know I can come here and get my chicken fix since DH isn't to fond of them;)

Quote:
I'm sorry you can't have your chickens. They are so much fun!!! If I lived a little closer I would say you can come and play with and love on mine. It's great to have you here even if you don't have any chickens!!! So... WELCOME TO BYC!!! Hope you have fun here, and enjoy the great people! I know I have!!!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Quote:
You need a space between the word and the smiley
smile.png

Welcome! I would put in an anonymous call to city hall and ask about chicken regs. Don't use your own phone in case you decide to get them even if you're not supposed to
big_smile.png
I live right in town, and my hens don't bother anyone!

portland, oregon here. up on mt. scott near the national cemetary. its amazing how many birds there are in the city, i had no idea until i started paying attention to peoples yards.
i have been checking out this forum since we started talking about having chickens.

NE Salem Oregon here! *waves at tip chick*

Just got two gals from the state fair. A bantam wyandotte pullet and a brown leghorn bantam hen.

We're a little wary about the leghorn...she's had a couple clucking fits so far but I don't know how much to place on the fact that she's in a new atmosphere. Anyone have much experience with leghorns?

Our coop is a spin off of: https://www.backyardchickens.com/coops/edlup.html with an 8 feet by 4 feet run. We'll have the gals run about free style when they're supervised and once we get them settled in.

I had 3 standard wyandotte silver hens (don't quote me on their breed wording
tongue.png
) up in Milwaukie at my mom's house. Things were fine in Milwaukie, still haven't told the neighbors down here in Salem.

Back
Top Bottom