Oregon

Already snowed in and still sticking.
hmm.png
The chickens want no part of it. One lone bantam rooster ran down the pasture to the protection of the pine trees. Nobody else followed him. He was stranded on the far side of a lot of snow. Nelson had to go rescue him. Maybe we'll put pumpkins in the run to try to lure them out to play.

We had the snow up here in PDX too! It's just now stopped as I write this, and our chickens this morning seemed very uptight about it. One of my hens really hates getting her feet wet or cold. She acts like a little old lady, but is only about 9 months old. :)

I need to look at the forecast, I had no idea we were in for snow today!

Have you looked into the "egg crate" mattresses for sound absorption in your coop. You can use screws and washers to attach it to the ceiling and high on the walls out of chickens reach. You should ask your parents to help with it. It will absorb up to 50% of the sound. I have used it in band practice rooms when in high school(long time ago) to reduce drum sounds.

Have you looked into the "egg crate" mattresses for sound absorption in your coop. You can use screws and washers to attach it to the ceiling and high on the walls out of chickens reach. You should ask your parents to help with it. It will absorb up to 50% of the sound. I have used it in band practice rooms when in high school(long time ago) to reduce drum sounds.

Never heard of those! I'll have to look into it. Thanks for letting me know. :)

Has everybody survived this storm? Holy cow, has the wind been fierce. The wind is still blowing, so it isn't over, yet.

I was afraid to let the half grown turkeys out of their run for fear they would be blown all the way to Mt Hood and get caught on the wires for the ski lift.

Back
Top Bottom