Oregon

Hello fellow Oregonians! Jumping into this thread only 700 pages late ;) Located in Banks, OR on about 10 acres with a small backyard flock.

I am interested in finding quality breeders in Oregon and even Washington - not hatcheries. but smaller project farms who pay great detail to genetics, breed standards, health, etc. Any recommendations?

Since we're in the same climate, are your hens moulting now? Mine are 9 months old, and I expected them not to moult this year due to their age. Judging by the feathers I found in the coop today, my EE girl had other plans!

Hello : ) We are just outside Aurora. Our girls are enjoying the pumpkin harvest also.
Oh what beautiful girls! We put pumpkin out for the girls over the weekend. I can see where they've pecked at it a bit. But they don't seem that interested in it. In fact it looks like they tried to bury them lol :idunno

Last edited:
Hello folks,
I've been trying to locate a Golden Pencilled Hamburg Cock. Wondering if anyone has one. A neighbor lost hers to a human egg thief stealing the eggs. If they had just asked she would have given them the eggs.

Hello fellow Oregonians! Jumping into this thread only 700 pages late ;) Located in Banks, OR on about 10 acres with a small backyard flock.

I am interested in finding quality breeders in Oregon and even Washington - not hatcheries. but smaller project farms who pay great detail to genetics, breed standards, health, etc. Any recommendations?

Since we're in the same climate, are your hens moulting now? Mine are 9 months old, and I expected them not to moult this year due to their age. Judging by the feathers I found in the coop today, my EE girl had other plans!
Welcome & Jump in any time :)

Boring, Oregon (a place name, not an adjective) I have six sexlinks …try to say that ten times. They are happily living in a chicken tractor we move around in our lawn every day or two.

Boring, Oregon (a place name, not an adjective) I have six sexlinks …try to say that ten times. They are happily living in a chicken tractor we move around in our lawn every day or two.
Welcome! Oregon sure comes up with some strange city/town names. Our drive up to Salem we go through Drain, Curtain, Riddle, we do miss Why but Wonder is just down the road from us.

Bwaaack! That's funny!
yippiechickie.gif

Those do paint a picture of a jovial life. Many years ago we looked at a property for sale on Tickle Creek Road in Boring, Oregon. The children wanted us to buy the place just for the address.

Back
Top Bottom