Oregon

Hi ChicKat !
Lol , one of my chickens is called Cat. When she first saw a cat , she ran after it and 'sang' ( first time I heard her ), letting everyone in the yard know.
I live outside the city limits , so we have no restrictions.We have a little over 2 acres and are surrounded by farms.
I think I will post pictures and have more info regarding all the birds. I'm having a hard time thinking about about loosing all of them. Hopefully I will be ready when the time comes.
The chicken in my avatar was one of my absolute favourites , Goldy or Pumpkin as I sometimes called her. She disappeared Friday , 2 days after I used her picture as my avatar.
Wish you luck in the sale of your property ! I'm sure you will love Troutdale as I do.

Sorry to hear about Goldy disappearing. Any chance she snuck off to hatch some eggs? Have had that happen to a friend who's chicken disappeared for about 22-days. ;o) And then showed up again with eight unexpected babies.... You can always hope.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the chickens! Seems like it always will help. Last night I only got as far as page 5 of this thread looking for chicken pictures.....

Thanks for the reply and the good wishes.

"DuckLady, post: 298, member: 18"]Who all is in Oregon? I am in Oregon City!''
:celebrate
We are in Oregon, in St. Johns. We are fixing to move down to Lakeside, OR. Population 1200-something. THEN we will have chickens!

"]Hello! I'm in St Helens....though work takes me to all points of Columbia County."
My dad was in St. Helens when he was in the last couple of years, in Avamere. Good place - we drove out there often to visit him and do his shopping. If you ever want to show off your chickens, just let me know!

Sorry to hear about Goldy disappearing. Any chance she snuck off to hatch some eggs? Have had that happen to a friend who's chicken disappeared for about 22-days. ;o) And then showed up again with eight unexpected babies.... You can always hope.

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the chickens! Seems like it always will help. Last night I only got as far as page 5 of this thread looking for chicken pictures.....

Thanks for the reply and the good wishes.

I can only hope , but she was not the broody type. However , going off to hatch eggs would be dangerous as there are so many racoons around at night. I've lost two chickens who did just that and another two who just refused to go into the coops at night and chose to roost in a tree instead.
If you knew Goldys story then you would say there is definitely hope and that's the reason I still go out every day hoping to see her again.
I will be posting pictures soon.

Here are some pictures of my birds.

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_160511671.jpg
    IMG_20190127_160511671.jpg
    422.8 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom