Oregon

Quote:
I can probably make some cuttings for you. I've got a young one I got from a small nursery. I'll show it to you when you come over Wed.

thumbsup.gif

Thank you for sharing that, Rusty...just beautiful!! Hubby & I actually talked about it this morning, and we've decided that it seems the climate is changing, and we can't count on planting like we used to, and that row cover on our beds is going to be absolutely essential for any sort of harvest at all.

Last year I ended up ripening tons of tomatoes in the house in brown paper bags...after we picked them all to save them from an early frost.
hmm.png
That after a slow start because of a cool, damp spring (like we're having now).

Quote:
Look up salmon cochins
droolin.gif

I'm ready when you are!

Just get yourself a black cochin roo, and with your 2 fav girls you should be good to go!

I'm sure I can find a nice black cochin roo! That's it for genetics? One big question....Bantam or LF? I'll bet Bob has a nice LF roo.

Quote:
Just get yourself a black cochin roo, and with your 2 fav girls you should be good to go!

I'm sure I can find a nice black cochin roo! That's it for genetics? One big question....Bantam or LF? I'll bet Bob has a nice LF roo.

LF if you've got room. It'll take a bit to get there, but that's the first cross you'll want to make.
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yep!!
big_smile.png
How ya feeling??

Better and better everyday. Follow up tomorrow. I'll be much happier after that. All I can say is Thank God I am relatively healthy. This was minor stuff but still torture.

Last edited:
I am in Newberg, Oregon and my daughter is in St. Paul, oregon we are a group effort..

I get the babies up to 4 weeks and then they go to her place.

we have together

Egg layers

2 buff, 2 barred rock, 2 rhode island reds (only the reds are laying the others will be old enough in july)

Meat birds

25 cornish cross (butcher next week), 10 sagitta (almost 4 weeks old) 9 barred rock (about 2 weeks old) and 10 jersey giants we just got today

oh and 4 roosters which might be dinner soon also lol...

we also have rabbits

1 buck and 2 does and 16 babies born april 8th

and we just slaughtered 3 pigs and thinking about raising a couple more.

If anyone might have an idea on where I can buy baby birds after june 1st please let me know wilco only has them till the end of may but we will need more to have enough for our families.

Back
Top Bottom