Oregon

I didn't think of a hawk, we do have a few differant kinds around here. I will keep a look-out!

Good luck!! I got a fake owl for my yard. I put it on top of one of the bantam coops, so it wouldn't scare the chickens, but the hawks could see it easily. I got the one that is motion activated, it turns it's head and hoots...totally unnecessary. Just get a cheap one. The batteries have been dead for a year...lol Haven't lost a bird to a hawk since I got it though...knock on wood!!

welcome-byc.gif
to all the new posters, COOL! Love the broody hen pic. Used to live in Silverton years ago so looove the area. Glad to see all of you.

All my chickens look like drenched rats! They are all RUNNING FOR COVER but yet they never seem to get out of the rain. Maybe I should explain to them what circles are.

Sooooo..... I stopped at coastal today to "see what they had" and I came out with 1 Barred Rock (my first) and 2 Guinea chicks. Stuck the Guineas under my EE with one newly hatched EE (Absolutely adorable fluffy face muff) and a few ssoon to be hatched (or not) eggs. She took them, no questions asked, and they snuggled right under her immediately with the other chicklette.

The BR baby went under my other Silkie, who has 4 pipped eggs, to hatch either sometime in the night or tomorrow morning. She also took baby, no questions
Asked.

I love broody hens. They are so gullible.:p

They have Guineas at Coastal??? Which Coastal did you go to?

Sooooo..... I stopped at coastal today to "see what they had" and I came out with 1 Barred Rock (my first) and 2 Guinea chicks. Stuck the Guineas under my EE with one newly hatched EE (Absolutely adorable fluffy face muff) and a few ssoon to be hatched (or not) eggs. She took them, no questions asked, and they snuggled right under her immediately with the other chicklette.
The BR baby went under my other Silkie, who has 4 pipped eggs, to hatch either sometime in the night or tomorrow morning. She also took baby, no questions
Asked.
I love broody hens. They are so gullible.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom