Oregon

Got a Columbian 3 month old hen...I think that's what she is....Nellie immediately started circling her over and iver and trying g to nozzle up under her legs. This new girl has not pecked once at lil nervous Nellie. I feel so thankful that I finally have a solution. They are all in the coop tonight....hoping they do ok...felt bad keeping the new girl in the cage in the coop....so she and Nellie found a spot to sleep. So I have three lil groups now in my flock. :)

Got a Columbian 3 month old hen...I think that's what she is....Nellie immediately started circling her over and iver and trying g to nozzle up under her legs. This new girl has not pecked once at lil nervous Nellie. I feel so thankful that I finally have a solution. They are all in the coop tonight....hoping they do ok...felt bad keeping the new girl in the cage in the coop....so she and Nellie found a spot to sleep. So I have three lil groups now in my flock. :)

That's great news :) so glad she was nice to I'll Nelle.

Cloverleaf.... do you have somewhere you rehome your birds to? I need to rehome 2 out of the 3 I hatched from your eggs. 1 is for sure a roo... the d'Uccle cross.... and I THINK the Black Ameraucana is a pullet, but not 100% sure.... Also still waiting to see on the blue Faverolle..... STILL not fully feathered, but has a large, tho pink not red comb. Keeping my fingers crossed for that one!

No, I used to have a guy that took my roosters, until I went out there once and saw how he "introduces" them to each other...I don't call him any more...I just put them on CL or process them myself. I'd love to see pics of the D'Uccle cross though, I've never seen any of her babies...

Ok, so I want blue eggs (already planning some true Aracaunas, eggs in August) but considering some creme legbars, like the autosexing idea. Can any of you give me some pros cons on them as layers? or just pretty? how about the Aracaunas? I'm fine with just pretty buuut that means a couple not a lot, lol
Thanks All for advice and personal experience.

CritterNPets... you will have a hard time finding and spend a LOT of money for a true Araucana. Ameraucanas the same. But Easter Eggers are so similar, lay blue or green eggs and are my ABSOLUTE. FAVORITES!

Back
Top Bottom