Oriental Gamefowl Thread!

Pics
Quote:
Some hardfeather breeds, notably Asils, Ga Noi, and Shamos, are prone to bare patches on breast, legs, and top of the wings. It is not a defect, but is desireable........Pop

I am SO GLAD this got asked -- I have a leetle Modern Game Bantam roo with exactly the bare spots described and I was wondering what was going on.

Love the oriental breeds in this thread. Maybe when I have room for another LF pen I could get Shamos.

12005_imag2421-1.jpg

Quote:
Good looking stag you got there
wink.png

Thank you my friend.

Father to the above stag. Just over 11lb.
Shamomyline11lb.jpg

Last edited:
Ok. I recently got a Shamo pullet, I need the experts to tell me if she's breeder quality. Here are some pics, she's about 16 weeks old.

I'll try to get one of her standing up, I currently don't have much on my computer of her. I'll get one of her posture in a bit.

Recent: 16 wks
88607_img_1135.jpg

Last edited:
Quote:
Orientals mature very slowly. It is impossible to tell what an Oriental will look like at maturity when they are only 16 weeks of age: especially from a picture that doesn't show them standing. At this age you could only identify faults such as leg color, eye color, crooked toes/beak... that kind of thing. Orientals take lots of patience.

The eyes should be pearl. At times they are a orange/reddish color, but again should be pearl.

Call us back in about 5 months and we can tell you more then.

Quote:
Orientals mature very slowly. It is impossible to tell what an Oriental will look like at maturity when they are only 16 weeks of age: especially from a picture that doesn't show them standing. At this age you could only identify faults such as leg color, eye color, crooked toes/beak... that kind of thing. Orientals take lots of patience.

The eyes should be pearl. At times they are a orange/reddish color, but again should be pearl.

Call us back in about 5 months and we can tell you more then.

Thanks
wink.png
I would post more pictures, but as I have a dumb camera and an annoying computer I'll have to wait.

Back
Top Bottom