Orpington Thread

Thank you. I bought ten eggs from a local auction that were supposed to be English Orps, blue and red. Five hatched, but I'm thinking maybe I got a barnyard mix, instead. At this point I'm not even sure they're orpingtons, and definitely not sure they're English. No way should a chipmunk have been in there.

Here they are. It was a hatch that was supposed to be blue and red English Orps and some Isbars. I've wanted English and will be happy with any color, but I REALLY love blue plumage. The right shades of blue make me think of chicken film noir.

How large are the chicks in comparison to standard sized LF? Does anybody know at what point I can say "That is definitely going to be a great honking big bird."

I got a mix color group of orps from Sandhill preservation, white, black, blue and buff. The blues look to be an interesting spread from almost white to dark splash looking. Really looking forward to see how they turn out. The blacks are showing white primaries. is that normal? they are a week old today so just have wing feathers and a few tiny tiny sprouts.

I got a mix color group of orps from Sandhill preservation, white, black, blue and buff. The blues look to be an interesting spread from almost white to dark splash looking. Really looking forward to see how they turn out. The blacks are showing white primaries. is that normal? they are a week old today so just have wing feathers and a few tiny tiny sprouts.

Yes white tips wing feathers is normal for black orp chicks... good luck

Need to repost them now that they have all their feathers. Can't tell very much from the color of the baby downy fur. Black Jerseys are black fur then feather in all white.

Back
Top Bottom