Orpington vs. Pekins...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
Went by TSC at lunch today to pick up some feed, and they had...drumroll...lavender orpington chicks. I was tempted (cuz they were really cute little balls of gray fluff), but they were straight run. So then had to slap myself and remind myself about the BLRW straight run chicks I bought from TSC last year (turned out to be 1 pullet and 10 cockerels) and managed to resist. But it was tough.

Went by TSC at lunch today to pick up some feed, and they had...drumroll...lavender orpington chicks. I was tempted (cuz they were really cute little balls of gray fluff), but they were straight run. So then had to slap myself and remind myself about the BLRW straight run chicks I bought from TSC last year (turned out to be 1 pullet and 10 cockerels) and managed to resist. But it was tough.
Happened to me 3 weeks ago. Adorable lavender orps but also straight run had to resist😔

Always buy SR and lots of them! You'll get some girls, and you can always eat the roos! :drool:gig:yesss:

Why Orpington are better than Pekins.
@TheOddOneOut

@Overo Mare! @Overo Mare!

Adjectives such as 'evil' and other anti-Orpington phrases will not be allowed, and will result in all your flock members losing leg fluff.

@TheOddOneOut you have been warned. I don't want to hear that Orpington are evil. You know that nice beard Vanilla has? Yes. In the absence of foot floof, beards will be sacrificed.
I've never had a Pekin cock but I had a masive buff orpington. He was a gentle giant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom