Orps what''s our sex?

mustangsaguaro

Songster
12 Years
Nov 30, 2007
San Martin, Ca
So, I have some orps that are about 5 weeks old and having a hard time telling who is female vs. male. Some I am pretty sure on. Others not so sure. Please help if you can. I have a feeling I have more males than females in the bunch which is really gonna suck.

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic4

Pic 5

Pic 6

No, I thought one or 2 could be females. One of the lavenders and the black one. The 2 w/ very small combs I thought could be females. What's the likelihood of getting all roos?

I just sold 3 10 wk. old buff orp pullets who had just barely begun to redden. I'll put the picture up so you can see, it's them at 9 wks. I think you have roo's.Two months ago I went to a farm that sold straight run chicks. Two months later I have 5 roo's 2 girls. My belief: they also sold at pet stores(I know that part), so I think Straight Run really meant we've pulled the pullets and have a pile of roo's left. Sorry for your luck too. Now I know to at least try wing sexing them.

I just sold 3 10 wk. old buff orp pullets who had just barely begun to redden. I'll put the picture up so you can see, it's them at 9 wks. I think you have roo's.Two months ago I went to a farm that sold straight run chicks. Two months later I have 5 roo's 2 girls. My belief: they also sold at pet stores(I know that part), so I think Straight Run really meant we've pulled the pullets and have a pile of roo's left. Sorry for your luck too. Now I know to at least try wing sexing them.

Well, I know these wouldn't have been pulled from anywhere as I hatched them from eggs. What's the likelihood of hatching all males. I did sell 2 and am now thinking I may have sold my only 2 females. I'm gonna hold onto these guys for a while longer and I believe 1 or 2 of them might be females. I guess the males that I don't want will go to the pot when they get old enough.

Back
Top Bottom