Our 1st egg!!! With picture!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by T Hi, Aug 27, 2010.

1. T Hi

T Hi Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    Bonney Lake, WA
    Our first egg!!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

It looks white in the picture but it is actually a pale green!! So pretty! We had an egg celebration with extra peas and lettuce!

WOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!

[​IMG]

Now what to do with it! I heard that you shouldn't eat the first couple eggs, so I will probably blow it out and save the shell!

Any thoughts?

2. mandalitten

mandalitten In the Brooder

May 17, 2010
    I guess you are eggcited now!

3. 1acrefarm

1acrefarm Songster

Nov 3, 2007
    Georgia
    Those ducks have really grown. I have really enjoyed all the pictures as they grew. I would love to have some runners myself. Congrats on your first egg. I hope you get lots of real nice ones.

4. Hattiegun

Hattiegun Songster

what to do with it! I heard that you shouldn't eat the first couple eggs, so I will probably blow it out and save the shell!

thats what I said to my husband !! he thinks Im going off the deep end... Im glad there will be others their when I do [​IMG] [​IMG]

I just got my very first egg ever a couple weeks ago.!! I know how excting it is..... [​IMG]

5. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress 9 Years

Congrats on the first egg!!! [​IMG] And why not eat it? They are so good to bake with, makes your goodies taste eggstra special!! [​IMG] Enjoy!!!! [​IMG]

6. brenna

brenna In the Brooder

Apr 20, 2010
    I am so excited for you! I woke up this morning to our first TWO eggs! Still have no idea who laid them, but at least now we know we have some girls!

7. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    And I reckon blow it out, cuz then you can compare later on how much bigger they've become [​IMG]

8. justmeandtheflock

justmeandtheflock Overrun with ducklings :)

May 27, 2009
    NW NJ
    Congrats!!!

9. bock

bock Songster

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    Why can't you eat them?! [​IMG] I at all of my ducks first eggs. Now I'm scared!

10. Birdcrazy

Birdcrazy Songster

Dec 21, 2009
    Australia
    Lol its ok, people tend not to eat the first ones because they aren't as nice as and they're heaps smaller... its a ducks first egg, it wont be perfect [​IMG] dont worry, you'll live. Not much difference. But its the same as taking a first duck's eggs ever out of the nest - they probably wont hatch or be weak.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: