Our Beloved Suede Is Gone: January 2007-September 2012

Ah Cyn, I'm so sorry to hear this sad news!
sad.png

hugs.gif

Thanks, Linda, Kelly, Rob and others. We, of course, realize that chickens come and go. The more years you keep them, the more you will lose. It's just a normal and natural, though sad, part of the hobby. Some of them leave larger holes in your heart than others. Suede is one of those for us.

I shall share some of my moments with Suede in his memory because I was fortunate enough to have been able to spend time with him on several ocassions. Usually when I go to GA and spend a few days with Cynthia and Suede. hehehehehe

This is his son, Hector. Hector will be a year old in November, he looks like his daddy and has those wonderful wattles. His temperament is that of his daddy too. His mother is Meg. Hector is currently second in command of my layer flock under my Blue Orp roo, Lancelot.

These are Suede grandchildren:

A son of Hector

A granddaughter...Athena is Suede's daughter and mother of this pullet

My time with Suede in June of 2010...he had just eaten a whole blueberry muffin I brought for him....he let me rub his face and wattles, squeeze him and pet him....

Him running to me when I called out "Suede Blueberry"

I went to see him each year since I moved to the East Coast and while I will continue to visit him mama yearly, I will sure miss Suede. It was because of Suede that I got my Orpingtons. I was blessed with a wonderful son of his that passed away far too young, but I have a son of his, daughters and grandbabies, so Suede lives on through them here.

My visit with Suede and all of Cynthia's birds...about 4 months ago.

Amazing, when you see that video and how different he looked just a few short months ago. He aged rapidly over the past two months. Suede sure loved his friend from KY, who always came bearing yummy treats.

ETA: later in that video, you see Shadow, who we lost suddenly just a couple of weeks ago, and Riley, who died a few weeks prior to Shadow.

Last edited:
Cyn...I am so sorry for your loss
hugs.gif

Suede was a big, beautiful, sweet blue roo..I'm glad his progeny lives on.

You are so right, losing them is hard...but, loving them is so very easy. I wouldn't have it any other way.

RIP Suede...you were greatly loved and will be deeply missed.

Yes and there was also a few moments on that video with Ms Sunshine herself. If I recall correctly she passed away suddenly the same day as Riley wasn't it? I know she was over 6 years old and such a sweetie.

Suede was always so gentle and kind to me and very tolerant of my constant attention. All of Cynthia's birds are friendly and some of them really make an impact on your heart...Suede, The Purple Princess, Ellie, Georgie, Isaac, Sunny, Gypsy, Snow, Tux, Georgie, Riley, Caroline and Wynette. Penny and Aimee of course demand that you love them so they do not count as being unexpectedly friendly. LOL

Back
Top Bottom