Our Beloved Suede Is Gone: January 2007-September 2012

I am not sure what it is that makes some chickens so special, but some have personalities that are larger than life, and really hold a place in your heart. Suede was such a handsome lad and so full of life. Sad to know he is gone, but what a great life he had.

Love the video. I'm amazed that Tiny allowed herself to be held.
lol.png

Love the video. I'm amazed that Tiny allowed herself to be held.
lol.png

HA! The Terrorist LOVED Cheyenne. She carrie her around everywhere and Tiny would come running to her when she calld her. But the scary and amazing thing from that weekend was my daughter and Isaac. Cyn and I walked outside and here comes Cheyenne CARRYING big ole Isaac. We had to separate them over that weekend because Isaac was being spoiled and ignoring his women. They swang in the hammock and all sorts of stuff. Ike is very cautious of strangers but he just fell in love with the human child adoring him, first time he had ever seen her and to my knowledge the only person to ever hold him aside from Cyn and her hubby.

Ouch !! Its gotta hurt. Sounds like he did his job well. You have memories & thats priceless. I never thought I'd miss a chicken but lost one from being egg bound & had to put her down & to this day I still think of her. Crazy animals get in your blood.

I'm so sorry Speckledhen. He spent his last his last days and hours with the comfort from you, his favorite hen and the ones he loved.

Last edited:
hugs.gif

So sorry Cyn! It's so hard to lose good roosters.

Gosh, Diana, you lost yours not long ago, too, and we had even discussed me sending you eggs from Suede's hens. Even then, fertility was sketchy at best. I would have loved for you to have your own Suedenator, but I just didn't think it would be your best bet for a new rooster. A pity, too, because Suede was so good to his girls and so easygoing with people and always seemed to pass that on to his sons, no matter which hen they came from.

Life is still odd without him here. We still call that coop "Suede's coop", probably always will.

Here is his final resting place, with thick stones that we dug out of the huge hole. Nothing will move those heavy things and he will be undisturbed. The one on the left is about 5" thick. He's buried next to Shadow, who died unexpectedly a couple of weeks prior, so we lost our Purple Princess and my Big Blue Turkey, the smallest and the largest, very close together. We don't bury all of the ones who pass, but some deserve a place of honor. Isaac will have his near Suede when he goes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom