Our English Orps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Renie'sPeeps :

Ok here are some:

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49391_dsc05350.jpg
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/49391_dsc05370.jpg

I have them.. thanks to you Bama.. keep up the good work.
smile.png

renie

How did I miss these? They are GORGEOUS! What a pleasure to be able to look at everyday!​

Wow Renie - they are really growing up fast. The blue boy is looking really good. The middle blue pullet in the last picture is looking really promising too. Does she have loose fluff hanging down (it's hard to tell in the picture) or is it puffy fluff? THe others look puffy, but that one looks like loose fluff.

Just wondering, how come everybody is breeding Black and Blue Orps, and only 1 person I've seen has Buff Orps? I love all the different colors of orps, but I personly like the Buff Orp best. Just wondering why everybody is crazy about the Black/Blue Orps and not the BO?

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

Just wondering, how come everybody is breeding Black and Blue Orps, and only 1 person I've seen has Buff Orps? I love all the different colors of orps, but I personly like the Buff Orp best. Just wondering why everybody is crazy about the Black/Blue Orps and not the BO?

There are alot of buff orp breeders too, just not on this thread :)

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I suppose nobody is talking about Buff Orps on this thread because nobody has any English Buff Orps? WHen I imported eggs from England, I had Buff Orp eggs, but none of them hatched, I only got Blue/Black Orps.​

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy :

I think that Buffs have been the way to go for so long IF one wanted an Orpington. They gotten taken for granted. And lets face it. Julie and Joy are making great birds and letting folks get them and make more great birds. I am very happy to show pics of my Blacks and hopefully someday my Blues. But, I am dedicated to my Buffs. The BBS are dead even with my Buffs in my desireability. IF someone said I could only have one variety, that would be a tuff choice. Glad I can have them all. lololol​

Last edited:
For me, I love all the Orps and would love to have some English variety of every color. I have been lucky enough to import my BBS Orps, so I am thrilled with them for now and those are what I am concentrating on. Not to brag, but I have yet to see a US variety of ANY color orpington that even comes close to my Winston and Clementine, but I much prefer the English type. I would love to have some English Buff Orps and Crele some day. I did import some Buff Orp eggs at the same time as I imported BBS Orp eggs (and some Crele too), but the Crele and Buffs didn't hatch.
sad.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom