Our first chicks ever. Lots of pics.

BreakneckBrook

In the Brooder
11 Years
Apr 30, 2008
Foothills of Maine
Hey Everyone,

I have learned so much hainging out here and lurking around. I figure I had better at least share some cute chick pics.
big_smile.png

We got them 2 weeks ago. I think they were about a week old (??) and are now about 3 weeks old.

Newly home... in the homemade brooder...a bookcase!
IMG_1926.jpg

Moved up to a bigger home
IMG_1936.jpg

Took them outside for the first time...the huddled in the back of the crate
IMG_1948.jpg

Then they got braver
IMG_1952.jpg

And they were off!
IMG_1966_edited.jpg

A few cute pics outside
IMG_1956.jpg

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2015_edited.jpg

Thanks so much for all the info you all have taught me and didn't even know it. LOL I have no idea if these are roos or pullets. I think the two lightest are roos as they tend to stand up and do that rooster "boxing" thing. LOL I hope at least a few are pullets though...please..

I will show you our old barn we took down to build a coop from it once we get to that point. Right now we are still denailing the thing!

~Robin

Love the pictures! You can just see the excitement as they take off outside and feel that grass under their feet.

The dog kennel is a great idea and you really made it homey for them.

I dont know if I am the only one that thinks this .. but I In one of the first few pics there is one little one that is streaching its head way up.. skinny and tall.. reminds me of a teenager kinda in that awkward stage .. real tall but not very built up yet.. like a bunch of teenage chickens.. ha ha

Oh Totally on the gangly teenager thing! That one chick always has that look too..if I talk ot them in the cage I get that look. Pick it up I get that look...LOL

In that same picture...one chicken to the left and back one row...really is that much smaller than everyone else. Any thoughts on why? In chat they thought it was just a smaller chick, but Tiny is well, so tiny!

Back
Top Bottom