Our first coop and happy chickens!!

QH Girl

Chirping
9 Years
Jun 27, 2010
Baton Rouge
So... my husband is a general contractor. I'm always coming up with projects to use up all the crap... I mean building supplies he has laying around. I thought a little chicken coop would be simple and we'd use up random material to boot.

My husband, however, doesn't believe in 'throwing things together'.

61628_coup_1.jpg

61628_coop_2.jpg

I ordered 14 chicks from Ideal - 4 EE's and 10 assorted broilers, all girls. I'm so glad I orded an assortment. They sent me 2 barred, 2 sussex, 2 buff brahmas, 2 partridge and 2 white rock. I love having the variety and seeing how different they are.

The EE's, IMO, are GORGEOUS!
61628_coop_3.jpg

The others aren't bad either
cool.png

61628_coup_6.jpg

My daughter initally gave all the meaties food names but this one has been re-named Lucky since she's Abby's favorite and has become a lap chicken.
61628_coop_7.jpg

I can't believe how big the white rocks are. From day one they were so much bigger than the others. My daughter named them 'Lunch' and 'Dinner'.

61628_coop_8.jpg

My EE's are from Ideal as well as several other breeds we have. I think their EE's are great and I always get blue to green eggs. We call one of them a purple chicken. Its every color imaginable but in the sun some of the feathers look purple. She is sooooo cool!

Me too, I would love to see a close up of the wallpaper. I hope your chickens know how lucky they are to have such a fancy coop. Most of all, I hope they have manners and poo poo up the walls.

Haha! That's not wallpaper. We painted it yellow and my daughter painted red and blue handprints all over. I'll take a picture of her custom paint job and post it.

Back
Top Bottom