Our first hatch and baby pics! Thanks KellyHM!

AmyJ

Songster
14 Years
Jan 21, 2009
Wallkill, NY
This was our first time hatching and although we only got 2 they are the cutest little chicks! Just wanted to share with everyone. And thanks to Kelly for the eggs! Both my kids are so excited!

21539_dsc09747.jpg

21539_dsc09733.jpg

21539_dsc09734.jpg

21539_dsc09746.jpg

Not really, they are mixed. Kelly told be the possibles though,

"I have an EE roo over EE, Blue Rock, RIR, and Silkie/EE. I also have a young Blue Copper Marans roo and a young RIR roo in there, so they're possible, but the EE roo is older and dominant."

So everyone take some guesses! My kids are trying to figure it out too!
big_smile.png

The black/gray chick came out of a light brown/pinkish egg and the yellow chick came out of a medium brown egg. Don't know if that matters but can't hurt.

Last edited:
Wow, they're so cute! I don't see any evidence of RIR in there. My EE roo throws a lot of yellow chicks though, so that yellow one could belong to any of my girls. Maybe she's from my Silkie/EE hen who is white...then she'll get a cute little top know. I have a black EE hen that lays cream colored eggs, but you said the black one came from a pink egg, so I'm not sure...that's the only black girl I have though. I can't wait to see how they feather out!

On second thought, I doubt the yellow chick is from my Silkie/EE girl b/c she would have black skin. Does that little black one have black skin? If so that's a dead giveaway that he's from my Silkie/EE girl.

I just checked. It doesn't have black skin but a sort of dark pinkish color. I can't wait to see how they feather out too!

Back
Top Bottom