Our first jump into the chicken experience!

saramontour

In the Brooder
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
We live in a loft in downtown Tacoma, Wa, but our friends have a bigger yard a little bit on the outskirts of the city, so we've all been working hard at turning their land into a sustainable resource for us all. We've been super busy building raised beds and planting seeds for our garden, and this year have finally decided to make the leap into chickens. I've spent hours and hours on this site researching everything, and yesterday we finally went and picked up a few chicks! We had our hearts set on some Buckeye chicks, but they haven't hatched yet so we picked up a few adorable Black Copper Marans and will get the Buckeyes at the end of the week.

This forum has been SO helpful already and I can't wait to learn and share more as our chicken adventures continue.

(I wanted to post a photo to show off our new little ladies (well, hopefully ladies...) but I'm apparently to new of a member to post images.)

welcome-byc.gif
It's great that you ahve an arrangement worked out with your friend. Chickens are great!!

welcome-byc.gif
the chicks are adorable! love to hear people getting together in projects like yours!

Good luck with your chickens and your garden!

Thanks, guys! We're only a few days into it already have an amazing time. We let the little chicks peck around in the grass yesterday and they were loving life, especially when they uncovered a couple worms.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom