Our four-legged friends - A thread for special dogs, cats and other animals

This is my dog Spike, she has stayed by my side during the last 2 years as much as she could, I've had two surgeries, and two cancers, and had gone through chemotherapy last year and she would never leave the bed unless I did, and we spent months in bed with pain, and problems walking, she even let me know I had cancer, both times, she would keep smelling my breath, then turn away. I think if it comes back she will let me know. She is my heart and soul, she saved my life. I have five other dogs that I love, but there seems to always be that one that seems a bit more, and she is.
How touching!

There has to be a story behind the name 'Stinky Louie"
yeah, he's a hound and he stinks, he's also a he, I like hers. Husband's hound, I take no credit, though I do have to take care of him, I actually call him the stinky stump, or stumpy toad, few more he's called but I'd be here all day, all my dogs have multiple nicknames.

Last edited:
This is my dog Spike, she has stayed by my side during the last 2 years as much as she could, I've had two surgeries, and two cancers, and had gone through chemotherapy last year and she would never leave the bed unless I did, and we spent months in bed with pain, and problems walking, she even let me know I had cancer, both times, she would keep smelling my breath, then turn away. I think if it comes back she will let me know. She is my heart and soul, she saved my life. I have five other dogs that I love, but there seems to always be that one that seems a bit more, and she is.
What a wonderful, wonderful dog!

Wow, what a truly unique and remarkable dog. :love

My mom used to say her dogs feet smelled like soda crackers.
lol.png
So I guess you are not alone in smelling dog feet!
gig.gif

our family has had many pets, i coulnt even count them, but the 1 that sticks out the most that has past was libby, she was my very 1st guinea pig. we found her in a newspaper ad with her sister. but she was our favorite, she would talk to you when you walked by her cage, every time you would pick her up she would start talking and cooing. ( guineapigs coo when they are happy ) she was so sweet! sometimes i would fall asleep with her in the night and she would set her head on my pillow. one time when i was really sick my mom set libby on my lap, she started to coo right away, then she laid down on my and fell asleep while she was talking and cooing, if i told you all the memorize i had of her i dont think i would have enough time to sleep tonight! i dont know how for sure old she was when she died or when we got her, i do know she was either 6 or 7 years old. she died because she had arthritis in her hip and she could not walk, we gave her water through a bottle and we set food next to her, i was gone for a few days at a friends house and when my mom picked me up she brought libby with her because she new she was about to die, i talked to her as we drove home and you could here a little faint cooing and she talked a little. we were about home when i picked her up, a little after i picked her up the let out a little coo and her body felt light and limp, i started to cry then my mom cried and we stood in out garage crying for a few min. we went inside, and we called my dad because she was very special to my dad, too. later that day we berried her and we put flowers around her grave, i made a cross and painted it and on the cross it says "Libby" if i think about her sometimes i start to cry she died in 2010 november 3rd.

she picture was when i was sick and she laid down on me.

this is her with her friends

this is libby looking at the camera after she ate some carrots

this is her on our deck swing

this is her a few days before she died.
sad.png

our family has had many pets, i coulnt even count them, but the 1 that sticks out the most that has past was libby, she was my very 1st guinea pig. we found her in a newspaper ad with her sister. but she was our favorite, she would talk to you when you walked by her cage, every time you would pick her up she would start talking and cooing. ( guineapigs coo when they are happy ) she was so sweet! sometimes i would fall asleep with her in the night and she would set her head on my pillow. one time when i was really sick my mom set libby on my lap, she started to coo right away, then she laid down on my and fell asleep while she was talking and cooing, if i told you all the memorize i had of her i dont think i would have enough time to sleep tonight! i dont know how for sure old she was when she died or when we got her, i do know she was either 6 or 7 years old. she died because she had arthritis in her hip and she could not walk, we gave her water through a bottle and we set food next to her, i was gone for a few days at a friends house and when my mom picked me up she brought libby with her because she new she was about to die, i talked to her as we drove home and you could here a little faint cooing and she talked a little. we were about home when i picked her up, a little after i picked her up the let out a little coo and her body felt light and limp, i started to cry then my mom cried and we stood in out garage crying for a few min. we went inside, and we called my dad because she was very special to my dad, too. later that day we berried her and we put flowers around her grave, i made a cross and painted it and on the cross it says "Libby" if i think about her sometimes i start to cry she died in 2010 november 3rd.

she picture was when i was sick and she laid down on me.

this is her with her friends

this is libby looking at the camera after she ate some carrots

this is her on our deck swing

this is her a few days before she died.
sad.png

Oh my gosh I am in love with your piggies!!!!!!!!!!!

our family has had many pets, i coulnt even count them, but the 1 that sticks out the most that has past was libby, she was my very 1st guinea pig. we found her in a newspaper ad with her sister. but she was our favorite, she would talk to you when you walked by her cage, every time you would pick her up she would start talking and cooing. ( guineapigs coo when they are happy ) she was so sweet! sometimes i would fall asleep with her in the night and she would set her head on my pillow. one time when i was really sick my mom set libby on my lap, she started to coo right away, then she laid down on my and fell asleep while she was talking and cooing, if i told you all the memorize i had of her i dont think i would have enough time to sleep tonight! i dont know how for sure old she was when she died or when we got her, i do know she was either 6 or 7 years old. she died because she had arthritis in her hip and she could not walk, we gave her water through a bottle and we set food next to her, i was gone for a few days at a friends house and when my mom picked me up she brought libby with her because she new she was about to die, i talked to her as we drove home and you could here a little faint cooing and she talked a little. we were about home when i picked her up, a little after i picked her up the let out a little coo and her body felt light and limp, i started to cry then my mom cried and we stood in out garage crying for a few min. we went inside, and we called my dad because she was very special to my dad, too. later that day we berried her and we put flowers around her grave, i made a cross and painted it and on the cross it says "Libby" if i think about her sometimes i start to cry she died in 2010 november 3rd. she picture was when i was sick and she laid down on me. this is her with her friends this is libby looking at the camera after she ate some carrots this is her on our deck swing this is her a few days before she died. :(
Awww, she was so precious. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom