Our four-legged friends - A thread for special dogs, cats and other animals

Up date on the kitchens.

I have decided to keep this little girl, instead of the orange tabby. It seems we have bonded more. I have named her Ember. She's going to be a calico, she's starting to get her colors now. It's funny how, sometimes it's not always the one we want, that wins our hearts, but the one who wants us more.
1f496.png

But she has worked her magic on Asheron as well. He let's her have his pillow, while he sleeps on the floor.

What a cutie. And we have a great grand daughter named Ember..so great name! ha..I love how your dog shares. Maybe he knows he best not get on there with her, may squash her. That's a big dog! Glad he's doing so well after that scare you had.

I've always wanted cats and kittens but my mom and brother are allergic to them. Maybe once I can live on my own I'll have some!
tongue.png

Last edited:
My (current) avatar is of my first Icelandic sheepdog Vinlands Erik, or as we call him Moose. He is incredible. He knows where each and every animal we've ever had on our little hobby farm belongs, and if anything is out of place he let's us know. Whenever we add or subtract from our herds or flocks my wife and I joke that Moose is going to have paper work, as he becomes rather anxious whenever anything changes in his number of charges. Once when I had a quail pen I had accidentally left the door open and they escaped overnight Moose and I gathered them all up and put them back. I counted and thought I had them all, he insisted the count was off. We went inside and about an hour latter he was looking outside and barking like crazy, I looked out and saw what I thought was just a little brown bird. He kept barking, I went outside and it was the missing quail that Moose knew about. He gave me his "proud" I was right you were wrong walk. Here are way to many pictures of him:

Here Moose is watching a hen with her chicks, he is really enjoys watching a hen with her chicks.

Here he is watching his 2014 Easter Hatch A Long chicks:

Moose and I at one of our herding lessons (the lessons are with sheep, at home he works goats)

Here he is taking care of a little varmint.

One rainy day I was going outside to chore without him. He found the solution to that problem, take over my boots.

Although he is a good worker he also has some fun. Here he is as a young pup working on agility,

Playing chase with his cousin when she was a pup:

Well, I guess you have seen and heard enough about Moose.

Last edited:
I think Moose is very handsome. I love the red color in dogs. Nice to see him fulfilling his herding instinct.

Last edited:
I think Moose is very handsome. I love the red color in dogs. Nice to see him fulfilling his herding instinct.
Oh, thank you! Although with the lighting he might look somewhat red, he is actually considered a chocolate-tri. And he loves his job.

NO MIKE, we need more pictures and stories about Moose. He is brains and beauty. I love that dog
love.gif
Thanks Diva!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom