Our Mixed Flock Journey!

They are pretty cute! 💞 Thank you, it would have been hard to keep them alive even if I was at home...there were just too many of them! I think the last 9 will make it, barring anything unforeseen happening!
Yea, that is a lot! Whenever I tell someone that has rabbits.. they are pretty shocked when I say how many she had!

Yea, that is a lot! Whenever I tell someone that has rabbits.. they are pretty shocked when I say how many she had!
We definitely weren't prepared for it! I have medicine & supplements in case of emergency, but I didn't even think of her having such a huge litter! I just wish my other rabbit had kindled, if she would've had a small litter I could have fostered some off to her...if only, if only...😞

Is this your first Serama? They are such cool looking little birds.
No,,, actually #5 ... My first 2 , I no longer have. One of them is in my Avatar. I got 2 Seramas last year from same person, so now I have total 3.
Here is a kwik pix of the 2 from last year.
kwikpix.PNG

Aww, nice score...did you have to run when you brought two home?😉 How old are they?
DW :love is very understanding of me,,,,, so I did not get a WHIPPIN:gig
She just LUV's Lonely. Picks her up and caresses her furry feathers.
Lonely (serama) is about 3 months old. Wendy (welsummer) is about 2 years old.

I also came home to an even smaller egg...6g! I don't know what's going on with my girl, but she did lay a couple others that were nice sized!
What you have in that tiny thing is called a FART EGG, or FAIRY EGG. Yes ,,, that is what they are called. Most-likely will be yolk-less.
I had one of those once, about 5 years ago. Usually occurs with young layers.

No,,, actually #5 ... My first 2 , I no longer have. One of them is in my Avatar. I got 2 Seramas last year from same person, so now I have total 3.
View attachment 2339867

What you have in that tiny thing is called a FART EGG, or FAIRY EGG. Yes ,,, that is what they are called. Most-likely will be yolk-less.
I'm glad that you didn't get whooped on:gig. That's so awesome that your wife loves your new chick!💞

What funny names...lol! I will be cooking them tomorrow, can't wait to see what's inside! :)

Here's a quick video and a picture of the kits! Daphne was watching closely to make sure I didn't do anything to her babies...she's been a good mama! I'm going to try and get some individual pictures tomorrow, they're so cute!

View attachment 2339342

The buns are growing! Thanks for the update :) (And sorry about losing 2 more.)

View attachment 2339867

Glad you didn't get a whipping Cavey :lol:

We finally made it back home! Sadly, we lost two more kits, but the remaining 9 look very healthy!

After checking on the kits, I cleaned out the nesting boxes and Dale turned over the bedding in the coop, he had already given the flock a treat of cracked corn! We came home to 43 more eggs...Debby, I really think I'm getting enough eggs now...lol! I also came home to an even smaller egg...6g! I don't know what's going on with my girl, but she did lay a couple others that were nice sized!

Here's the biggest to smallest!
67g, 50, 21, 6g The smallest looks like a tiny lime...lol
View attachment 2339221

View attachment 2339224
You always have the prettiest eggs!

Here's a quick video and a picture of the kits! Daphne was watching closely to make sure I didn't do anything to her babies...she's been a good mama! I'm going to try and get some individual pictures tomorrow, they're so cute!

View attachment 2339342
They are adorable! 😍 🥰

View attachment 2339867

Very pretty birds!

Back
Top Bottom