Our Mixed Flock Journey!

I snapped this picture of Roo Two yesterday...I've been meaning to take one, his tail feather cracks me up...lol! I noticed when I was looking at this that you can see the smoke hanging in the garden behind him...I will be so glad when it clears up!

View attachment 2334810

Handsome guy there Rene!

I snapped this picture of Roo Two yesterday...I've been meaning to take one, his tail feather cracks me up...lol! I noticed when I was looking at this that you can see the smoke hanging in the garden behind him...I will be so glad when it clears up!

View attachment 2334810
For some reason that reminds me of:
There was a little girl
who had a little curl
right in the middle of her forehead.

And when she was good
She was very, very good.

And when she was bad she was wicked! :lau:lau

View attachment 2334810
That tail feather is hysterical. He is so cute!

Hi all we're still away from home, but I have to share an egg that I found just before we left! I forgot to weigh it, but I can still do that when I get home! If you remember, Madeleine just laid a 67g egg, well in comparison...this is the egg she laid the next day...there must not have been much left for this one...💞
20200917_161031.jpg

Next week I am adopting another Serama, and another mystery chicken. Reason I say Mystery Chicken, is,,,,,,,,, not sure what that person will have available, and it has to be a hen. (no roosters allowed in my Town). Will see when I get there.
I always add to my flock in at least 2 chicken increments. This avoids flock pecking on solo newcomer. The Magnificent Dual :gig usually hang together for moral support during integration.
Funny I quote myself :idunno :gigbut here is my chicken update. Last Saturday, I got the DUAL... :love The Serama, and a Welsummer. They integrated into my flock in 2 days, and are one happy family. The NEWCOMERS still hang together. I think the Serama, name LONELY, likes to be with her bodyguard Welsummer, named WENDY.
IMG_20200912_163505328.jpg
IMG_20200912_173032875.jpg
IMG_20200914_182234179.jpg

Back
Top Bottom