Our Mixed Flock Journey!

My husband cracks me up!!! I was cooking bacon and eggs this morning, I asked him to pull the eggs he wanted out of the fridge...I have the most current eggs on the counter...he says to me..."I have to eat the stale eggs"...they are maybe a week old :rolleyes: ...are we spoiled or what...:gig
That is hilarious! 😆

We all have our favorites! I actually prefer my Marans eggs, the yolks are darker and I think thicker than the other eggs! That being said, I am happy to eat any of them!
I like my Marans eggs too! I also put the largest eggs on the back row and save them for my fried eggs on Saturday and Sunday... I like the giant yolks!

😄 I actually like the bantams eggs because they are nearly all yolk. And of course they're not so big. Quite big enough for me!
Yolks are my favorite part too!
I found that Bantam eggs are a perfect size if you are baking and need half an egg!!
I miss my scramblers ☹....

I was her protector & I think her friend. She was amazing as most of my flock were big standards @ the time & she was all on her own. I've always tried to buy in pairs & having Lottie on her own just reinforced that thinking though she had her place in the flock & kept up with my big girls.
Okay, wait.. I think I might remember.. she was the one that you brought inside for a bit to help her out?

Back
Top Bottom