BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
My Coop
I think if you can set a higher roost, even if it's just a couple of inches higher...that could possibly make a big difference...chickens definitely have their own hierarchy and we just have to figure out how to accommodate it to have a peaceful, happy and healthy flock!
Well that's the plan. It has just gotten very cold tonight. Sadly it will be a bit until I can do it.

cavemanrich

Addict
6 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
@cavemanrich I haven't seen your flock for awhile...how is it going with your new additions? We would love to see some pictures! :)
Here is my complete flock. They free-range in backyard when I'm doing things outdoor. Had to throw a handful of bird seeds to get them all into one picture setting.
IMG_20201221_144114119.jpg

Here are the 2 newest. Got them in September. Lonely,,, the Silkied Serama, and Wendy,,, the Welsummer. I always add in pairs. When I went to pick up Lonely,,, had to find a friend,,(sister) to accompany her to new home. They hung together for a long time, since they were the 2 newcomers. Lonely now found a new BFF, in above pix,, its the OEGH. next to her.:love

IMG_20200912_163505328.jpg

Here is a better image of Lonely. I cant wait until warm weather returns here in spring.:old

IMG_20201003_164712722.jpg

She does have a little more fur now that grew in for winter season. :thumbsup

Photo0179.jpg

Above pix,, Pebbles and Ashley OEGH.

IMG_20190712_180142208_HDR.jpg

Seramas,, Dyna above,, and Savanna below..
IMG_20190712_173330907_HDR.jpg

Japanese Bantam,,, Jenga, that I got as a GIFT, from my neighbor, for Christmas 2019. A young pullet at that time..
IMG_20191215_215910448.jpg

This is how it breaks down in age.
RIR Mary Jane will be 9 years old on 4-20,, April 20,
2 OEGH Pebbles and Ashley will be 6 years old sometime this spring.
Welsummer Wendy will be 3 this spring.
2 Seramas, Dyna, and Savanna will be 2 this spring.
Japanese Bantam Jenga, is a little over 1 year old.
Silkied Serama, Lonely will be 1 year old this coming summer.

RoyalChick

Crossing the Road
Nov 3, 2019
Northern New Jersey
My Coop
My Coop
Here is my complete flock. They free-range in backyard when I'm doing things outdoor. Had to throw a handful of bird seeds to get them all into one picture setting.
View attachment 2500848
Here are the 2 newest. Got them in September. Lonely,,, the Silkied Serama, and Wendy,,, the Welsummer. I always add in pairs. When I went to pick up Lonely,,, had to find a friend,,(sister) to accompany her to new home. They hung together for a long time, since they were the 2 newcomers. Lonely now found a new BFF, in above pix,, its the OEGH. next to her.:love

View attachment 2500850
Here is a better image of Lonely. I cant wait until warm weather returns here in spring.:old

View attachment 2500851

View attachment 2500857

View attachment 2500856
View attachment 2500855

Japanese Bantam,,, Jenga, that I got as a GIFT, from my neighbor, for Christmas 2019. A young pullet at that time..
View attachment 2500853

What a lovely flock! And I am so encouraged that Mary Jane has lived to such a ripe old age. You must be a great chicken-carer and they are lucky to have you.

N F C

BYC Staff
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Dec 12, 2013
Wyoming
View attachment 2500848

View attachment 2500850

View attachment 2500851

View attachment 2500857

View attachment 2500856
View attachment 2500855

View attachment 2500853

Lovely flock Cavey, thanks for sharing the pictures!

BY Bob

Proprietor, Fluffy Butt Acres
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
Jan 1, 2016
Hershey, PA
My Coop
My Coop
View attachment 2500848

View attachment 2500850

View attachment 2500851

View attachment 2500857

View attachment 2500856
View attachment 2500855

View attachment 2500853

Such lovely long-lived ladies. You are doing great!

drstratton

Crossing the Road
Premium Feather Member
Mar 15, 2020
Eastern WA - USA
My Coop
My Coop
View attachment 2500848

View attachment 2500850

View attachment 2500851

View attachment 2500857

View attachment 2500856
View attachment 2500855

View attachment 2500853

Thank you for sharing them Cavey! You have such a beautiful flock and I love seeing pictures of them! Mine are all going to be a year old in March...I hope that I get as many years with them as you have with Mary Jane! :love

WhoDatChick

Enabler
Sep 6, 2018
Nawlins, Louisiana
View attachment 2500848

View attachment 2500850

View attachment 2500851

View attachment 2500857

View attachment 2500856
View attachment 2500855

View attachment 2500853

Oh ma ga! This is an adorable flock!!!! ❤ 😍 ❤ ... and wow! 9 years old!?

cavemanrich

Addict
6 Years
Apr 6, 2014
Melrose Park Illinois
Here is a pix that is in my Gallery. This was my flock from more than 10 years ago. Pix shows 7 of the 9 total I had then. The missing in pix are 2 EE.
The Silver Sebright, pictured right above center, was my longest living chicken. Lived 13 years. Her name was Nugget. To the right of her is a Golden Sebright. Her name was Phantom. One year in early spring, she disappeared on me for 2 weeks. Then SURPRISED me and reappeared. I have no Idea where she vacationed at, but was glad to see her back. She lived over 8 years.

1611511226821.png

Below is one of the (2 missing in above pix) Easter Eggers. Her name was Delilah. She lived 11 years. Her last 2 years she lived blind, after a dog attack. Was able to eat, drink, and walk around, and scratch inside run. I think she was able to smell her food, and water. There was no reaction from her if I shined a flashlight into her eyes, so I knew she was totally unable to see.:(
0426151454-01.jpg

Top Bottom