Our Mixed Flock Journey!

We are finished in the garden for the day and after a brief break we will start on the kitchen again.
I love working in the garden as it gives me a chance to be near the flock! I pulled out some of the pumpkin that I froze last fall and gave them a treat, they really enjoyed it. A while later I looked over and caught 14 out of 17 chickens in the midst of a major cuddle puddle!
Including all 3 boys! :love Spazzy is officially not broody anymore...we'll see how long that lasts... :rolleyes:

All 17 enjoying a frozen pumpkin treat!
View attachment 2653637

Major Cuddle Puddle!
Your flock has such a nice space to live in Rene! Can’t wait to see your garden grow!

We are finished in the garden for the day and after a brief break we will start on the kitchen again.
I love working in the garden as it gives me a chance to be near the flock! I pulled out some of the pumpkin that I froze last fall and gave them a treat, they really enjoyed it. A while later I looked over and caught 14 out of 17 chickens in the midst of a major cuddle puddle!
Including all 3 boys! :love Spazzy is officially not broody anymore...we'll see how long that lasts... :rolleyes:

View attachment 2653637

Major Cuddle Puddle!
This is so cute!
I had a somewhat smaller cuddle puddle in our yard.
697FFEEB-A743-430E-BE0E-3A3817D679A2.jpeg

Your flock has such a nice space to live in Rene! Can’t wait to see your garden grow!
Thank you IM! That's their favorite area! 💞

We planted some spaghetti squash yesterday and something ate one of the plants...probably a bird! Hopefully they don't eat the rest of them! I'm so happy that I found an Artichoke plant, can't wait until it starts to produce, but if I remember right that won't be until next year. :)

Last edited:

View attachment 2653637

Major Cuddle Puddle!
What a wonderful video. I just loved it. 😍

Yeah they go swimming on their own. I’m so glad Ned was ok! The pools here warm up to almost too warm to be comfortable in summer but it’s cool enough for the chickens I guess.
How do they get in and out? Do they have a shallow edge or something? I am very curious about this.

How do they get in and out? Do they have a shallow edge or something? I am very curious about this.
The steps in the shallow end are all she has. There’s a ladder in the deep end but it’s useless to the chickens of course. I guess they’ve learned there’s only one way out.

Good morning everyone! I'm on the road again. Our AC is out and we are waiting for the new AC & Furnace to get delivered. I have to go fill one of our welding tanks so that hubs can put it in when it finally arrives. It's starting to warm up during the day, but thankfully it cools down enough at night so we're not completely miserable! Hubs kept our old unit going for 25 years and when it started leaking this time, he decided to just go ahead and get a new one! Never a dull moment around here!

I hope you all have a fantastic day! :)

Back
Top Bottom