Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Thank you for the suggestion! I actually did put a couple golf balls in the nests. Are fake eggs better? The local feed store just got more fake eggs in stock so I might have to get a pack.
I had a golf ball in each of my nesting boxes for awhile! The girls were checking them out after I put them in! I don't know if it made a difference of not, but imo, it doesn't hurt! I don't have them in there anymore as they are doing a great job of using the boxes now!

I went out at 3:30 to gather eggs & this is what I found...my broody girl & 4 others in the nesting boxes, with two waiting on the sidelines for their turn...💞 @Riv-6 this is why you might need to add another box or two...lol!

20200930_153553.jpg

Last edited:
I went out at 3:30 to gather eggs & this is what I found...my broody girl & 4 others in the nesting box, with two waiting on the sidelines for their turn...💞 @Riv-6 this is why you might need to add another box or two...lol!

View attachment 2355069
Though some girls are happy to share. I've had up to 4 all together in one small box. :lau

Back
Top Bottom