Our Mixed Flock Journey!

My beautiful Pearl is back in the nesting box this morning...first time since she was sick! I really wouldn't have cared if she didn't lay again until spring, but this is a good indication that she is completely healed! I just couldn't get her to look at me...some privacy pleeeease!!! lol

View attachment 2385480
This is really good news!

I decided to experiment with freezing eggs! I have more of these silicone containers, but I'm only using one for the moment! I plan on popping the eggs out and sealing them into food saver bags, then removing what I need and resealing the bags. I'm interested to see what the eggs are like when I thaw them! I also bought hydrated lime as I want to try water glassing!
Video for water glassing!

Getting ready for the freezer!
View attachment 2387050View attachment 2387052
I must say, I have never heard of freezing eggs.

Temps are dropping here! We haven't blown out the water lines yet, so hubby turned on a treeline and opened hose bibs! Our temps will be jumping up to almost 60 in a few days! We had to add water bowls into the rabbit hutches, but the water nipples for the chickens are still fine! We will get their heated water system set up before the weather stays cold for good!
View attachment 2386703
You are a little ahead
And we’re getting ANOTHER hurricane :barnie:eek:
Please stay safe! :hugs

Seven of them had us (us being where I live) in the bullseye when first starting out but all have went east or west so we have lucked out! This one will be the closest to us so far.... we will be fine but it will be going straight over our camp! At least it’s not that strong and it is a fast mover... hopefully our camp will be fine as hunting season starts in a couple of weeks 😬
I am fine, thanks! Still waiting to see if Marcia and Jan are actually Greg and Peter 🤦‍♀️... most of the others are molting and looking pretty shabby!
I'm glad that you're doing well & I hope it goes as quickly as predicted! Do you bow hunt or rifle, I'm assuming that you're going after deer?
I really hope that you have a Marcia and Jan!😁

That will be my project for next spring, planting some berry bushes (blueberries, blackberries, raspberries...).
For my birds and for us humans.
You will all enjoy them. I fed the chickens the last of the strawberries...they finally froze, I can't believe that we were still picking strawberries in October!

Back
Top Bottom