Our Mixed Flock Journey!

They are 3 hours away, they are still planning on moving, but they are not going to Hawaii! They decided that they just wouldn't be able to afford to live there, we knew that, but they needed to figure it out themselves! My son has a buddy that lives in Oklahoma and he's been trying to get him to move there for a couple of years...well, he visited, they found a house...their offer was just accepted, just waiting to finalize things, DIL got a job at the hospital there and they are hoping to move in January...😢 We of course will be helping them with the move...DIL will fly there with the baby and we will help our son drive their vehicles! They are hiring a moving company to haul all of their household items. We will head out several days before she fly's out and then our son will meet them at the airport and drive them to their new home! He's already trying to talk us into moving closer to them...lol!

That's great they have a house and jobs lined up! Having grown up in the midwest, I've been to and through OK quite a bit. Overall, I'd say it's pretty nice so hope they'll be happy there! And you'll have a new place to visit!

At least I won't have to worry about having a beach body in Oklahoma...:gig
He was showing us some house's, but they are in Missouri about 6 hours away...he knew his dad would be more enticed by all of the golf courses there...I also think it's an area he would like to visit a lot. :gig.
I'm tempted...I wouldn't mind getting out of WA! :rolleyes:
So why leave Washington?

That's great they have a house and jobs lined up! Having grown up in the midwest, I've been to and through OK quite a bit. Overall, I'd say it's pretty nice so hope they'll be happy there! And you'll have a new place to visit!
Good morning Debby! I've been through OK too, but it's been a very long time ago! I actually think it will fit their personalities perfectly! It's a 25 hour drive from our place, but we won't have to do that in one day! I forgot to mention another reason they decided not to live in Hawaii, they want to have another baby too, so I'm extremely excited about that!

So why leave Washington?
We don't really like the direction that WA is heading...it's turning into another CA and I would never live there again, it's really quite sad. Also, our neighbor, Oregon just legalized all drugs and I have a feeling WA is next. If the majority of the state is making those kind of decisions, it makes it hard to stay here and support it and be proud of it. I love the climate here and the fact that I can be in the mountains in an hour. It's a very beautiful state, if we could split it into two states that would be perfect! It's just like our country...extremely divided!

Good morning all! We have another escape artist...one of my RIR girls was out when we got home yesterday. My husband put her back in and when I went out to check on everyone after they had gone in the coop...I heard her over under our contorted mulberry tree and she came moseying back toward me, taking her own sweet time, I was able to pick her up and set her on a roost bar in the coop. This morning I looked out our bedroom door and she was down below having a nice morning stroll. I think she must be flying out...I will try and get it figured out and see if we can get her contained. My husband is going to get tired of chicken proofing the pen...it's been going so well up to this point...she will get herself killed if I can't figure it out...silly hen! :(

We don't really like the direction that WA is heading...it's turning into another CA and I would never live there again, it's really quite sad. Also, our neighbor, Oregon just legalized all drugs and I have a feeling WA is next. If the majority of the state is making those kind of decisions, it makes it hard to stay here and support it and be proud of it. I love the climate here and the fact that I can be in the mountains in an hour. It's a very beautiful state, if we could split it into two states that would be perfect! It's just like our country...extremely divided!
I hate that is happening to you. I'm sure you know this but there are no mountains in Oklahoma. None. Barely any hills.

Good morning all! We have another escape artist...one of my RIR girls was out when we got home yesterday. My husband put her back in and when I went out to check on everyone after they had gone in the coop...I heard her over under our contorted mulberry tree and she came moseying back toward me, taking her own sweet time, I was able to pick her up and set her on a roost bar in the coop. This morning I looked out our bedroom door and she was down below having a nice morning stroll. I think she must be flying out...I will try and get it figured out and see if we can get her contained. My husband is going to get tired of chicken proofing the pen...it's been going so well up to this point...she will get herself killed if I can't figure it out...silly hen! :(
Those are tough things. When only 1 has figured an escape route. Good luck. That is one of the things my cameras are good for.

I hate that is happening to you. I'm sure you know this but there are no mountains in Oklahoma. None. Barely any hills.
Yeah...I know! I don't think we would move to Oklahoma...if we headed that direction it would be someplace like MO! I lived there for a short time when I was a kid and it's beautiful...it's also ranked 3rd for states to retire to...it would be very affordable for us...I don't know when it would ever happen...but when your son is showing you pictures of houses in a beautiful area, not to far from the grandbabies, you can't help but think about it...:D

Those are tough things. When only 1 has figured an escape route. Good luck. That is one of the things my cameras are good for.
Yeah, I'm going to talk to my oldest son and see about getting something set up so I can see what's going on! This is the 3rd time, we've had to deal with this...🤦‍♀️

Yeah...I know! I don't think we would move to Oklahoma...if we headed that direction it would be someplace like MO! I lived there for a short time when I was a kid and it's beautiful...it's also ranked 3rd for states to retire to...it would be very affordable for us...I don't know when it would ever happen...but when your son is showing you pictures of houses in a beautiful area, not to far from the grandbabies, you can't help but think about it...:D
That is very true.

Back
Top Bottom