Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Spazzy, my Salmon Faverolles is broody again...I don't want to put her in broody jail right now as it is still quite cold out and I don't have room to set it up in the coop and the garage smells like finish right now and wouldn't be healthy for her! I will just have to make sure she is getting food and water for now.
My friend that I gave the Silkie hen to, just messaged me and said her hens were broody and she would like to hatch some...so she asks, is there any such thing as finding a rooster for stud. I told her that I've never heard of rent a rooster...lol! I also told her that her hens would not allow a rooster to breed with them if they are currently broody! I then suggested that I could bring her some of my fertile eggs to slip under her broody's...her little boy is so excited! 💞

I've been looking for accent pieces for my new kitchen design and I ran across this cute sponge holder on Etsy! I placed some plastic grate in the bottom of it that was leftover from my SW fish tank days for drainage! I need a place for a sponge as my new sink has only one bowl!

Sponge Holder.jpg

I've been looking for accent pieces for my new kitchen design and I ran across this cute sponge holder on Etsy! I placed some plastic grate in the bottom of it that was leftover from my SW fish tank days for drainage! I need a place for a sponge as my new sink has only one bowl!

View attachment 2496887

Love it Rene, things like that just make me smile :D

Your sponge holder reminded me of an older thread that was so much fun to follow:
lets-share-our-chicken-decor.957016

If you want to see some fun chicken-type stuff, take a look sometime!

Love it Rene, things like that just make me smile :D

Your sponge holder reminded me of an older thread that was so much fun to follow:
lets-share-our-chicken-decor.957016

If you want to see some fun chicken-type stuff, take a look sometime!
That's a fun looking thread! I will need to spend some time going through it...maybe I'll share a couple of things and see if it will get started again! Here's a piece that I've had on top of one of my cabinets for...I don't know how many years! My husband was actually into chickens more than I was at one time...I think I've surpassed him now...:lol:

Hen & Chicks Decor Piece.jpg

That's a fun looking thread! I will need to spend some time going through it...maybe I'll share a couple of things and see if it will get started again! Here's a piece that I've had on top of one of my cabinets for...I don't know how many years! My husband was actually into chickens more than I was at one time...I think I've surpassed him now...:lol:

View attachment 2496972

So nice!

Most of my chicken things have been from my DH...guess he knows what I like :)

So nice!

Most of my chicken things have been from my DH...guess he knows what I like :)
I actually bought that for my husband...:)

I had a thought...I'm trying to decide if my Salmon Faverolles is still broody by the time I get my new chicks, I might give them to her! It would make my life easier & flock integration would be taken care of...I just won't get to bond with them the way I like to!

Back
Top Bottom