Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Oh yes.. Bunny will def scratch with his back feet! But girl holds him anyway...
I have him in the old mini chicken coop(the ones from TSC) and I put up a yard around it with some small fencing.. but yall may remember that he hopped out of that so I rigged some chicken wire and other material to the top of it to keep him from hopping out... well, that looks a total mess!! So I told him that if I am gonna have animals and animal housing that it needs to look nice... not a hideous mess in my yard! Sooooo, we bought a new mini coop and material to build a fence around it! This should look really cute when done.. I will def post pics!
Sounds like it's going to be very nice! I'm looking forward to seeing it! 💗

I just received the first good news of the day! It turns out my mom does not have a new fracture, she is just experiencing a lot of pain, :( I don't know what they saw on the x-ray, I'm just glad they were wrong. We will still be going down to see her when we get back from TX. One more positive thing, we got to video chat with Declan, so that helped to brighten the day!

Chicken news. I talked to Josh to see if he still wants Marquis, because he needs to go. He's not set up yet and doesn't know when he will be, so apologetically decided not to take him. I do have another friend that wants him, she will be picking him up sometime this weekend. She also thinks she may have found homes for Little Roo & Roo 2, I will miss them, but I only want to keep one rooster. I saw the boys fighting over another hen and had to chase them off of her. I'm tired of the girls suffering because of there being too many roosters, so I put out feelers and I'm very hopeful that they will all have homes! Josh told me he might be able to get some Cream Legbars tomorrow and asked me if I wanted any. I do, but in light of everything that's going on right now I have decided to wait. I was ready 3 months ago. So the plan is to get some new hens next year. My current flock will be 2 and I think this will be a great time to integrate some new beauties. I have room for a flock of probably 25, but I feel that 20 is a good number with my setup. Having only one rooster will make the flock much more peaceful and give the girls a break from so much attention!

Hi everyone! Today has been a day of bad news. We found out early this morning that one of our nephews died last night. Then my sister called to let me know that my mom is on her way back to the hospital, she has a new bone fracture and she's really not doing well, we don't know how much longer she will be with us. I will definitely be hit and miss for a bit as we try to figure out which direction we will be heading first CA or TX. 😢
Oh, this is so sad... I’m so sorry. Praying for you ❤️

I just received the first good news of the day! It turns out my mom does not have a new fracture, she is just experiencing a lot of pain, :( I don't know what they saw on the x-ray, I'm just glad they were wrong. We will still be going down to see her when we get back from TX. One more positive thing, we got to video chat with Declan, so that helped to brighten the day!

Chicken news. I talked to Josh to see if he still wants Marquis, because he needs to go. He's not set up yet and doesn't know when he will be, so apologetically decided not to take him. I do have another friend that wants him, she will be picking him up sometime this weekend. She also thinks she may have found homes for Little Roo & Roo 2, I will miss them, but I only want to keep one rooster. I saw the boys fighting over another hen and had to chase them off of her. I'm tired of the girls suffering because of there being too many roosters, so I put out feelers and I'm very hopeful that they will all have homes! Josh told me he might be able to get some Cream Legbars tomorrow and asked me if I wanted any. I do, but in light of everything that's going on right now I have decided to wait. I was ready 3 months ago. So the plan is to get some new hens next year. My current flock will be 2 and I think this will be a great time to integrate some new beauties. I have room for a flock of probably 25, but I feel that 20 is a good number with my setup. Having only one rooster will make the flock much more peaceful and give the girls a break from so much attention!
I’m glad to hear about your mom... that is good news! And it sounds like great news about the chickens! I’m so happy you are finding homes for all those boys... I bet it’ll be very peaceful with just the one boy!

I’m glad to hear about your mom... that is good news! And it sounds like great news about the chickens! I’m so happy you are finding homes for all those boys... I bet it’ll be very peaceful with just the one boy!
It should be much better, not as peaceful as no boys at all, but still better than it has been!

Thank you Debby! We are leaving on the the 25th & will get home on May 8th. We're going to Las Vegas for 3 nights for golf, then we are going to visit Zion, Bryce & Arches National parks, Crystal Hot springs in UT & our last stop will be McCall ID, hubs wants to play golf at Jug Mountain.

How's your day going?
Sounds like a wonderful vacation! I'm sure it will be so nice to get away for a bit.

Good morning/afternoon everyone! Hope you're all having a beautiful day!
Looks like we will be leaving for TX sometime early next week...still don't have a definite date!
I have to share a picture of my silly Spazzy. The broody ruffled rump...she sure can fluff up...💞
20210410_152628.jpg

Back
Top Bottom