Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Do your chickens swim Bob? I have a friend here in Phoenix with chickens and a pool and they go swimming when it’s hot out.
They go in on their own?

Mine have fallen in. I almost lost a young cockerel to hypothermia when it was 90°F and the water temp was in the 80s. It was quite scary.

Here is Ned swimming over to me to be rescued. You can see at the end that he can't walk due to the hypothermia.

Daisy, the greatest hen ever, provided me with this beautiful photo.

2017-07-31 10.52.05.jpg

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. We had our 2nd shot on Thursday, then headed straight to Seattle, picked out our countertop slabs & headed home. I'm so glad we didn't stay on the west side, about an hour after we got home I started feeling really achy & feverish. I was sick for a solid 3 days, I had a very strong immune response to the 2nd vaccine, which I guess is a good thing. I'm starting to feel better, but still wiped out. My daughter & her husband came to visit for an early Mother's Day. I'm so glad they did as they were a huge help this weekend. We actually have 2 of the lower cabinets in place! Anyway, I wanted to say hi. Hope you've all had a great weekend! 💞
I'm so sorry you got sick, Rene! I hope you are doing well now 💓

Hi everyone! Sorry I've been MIA. We had our 2nd shot on Thursday, then headed straight to Seattle, picked out our countertop slabs & headed home. I'm so glad we didn't stay on the west side, about an hour after we got home I started feeling really achy & feverish. I was sick for a solid 3 days, I had a very strong immune response to the 2nd vaccine, which I guess is a good thing. I'm starting to feel better, but still wiped out. My daughter & her husband came to visit for an early Mother's Day. I'm so glad they did as they were a huge help this weekend. We actually have 2 of the lower cabinets in place! Anyway, I wanted to say hi. Hope you've all had a great weekend! 💞
Sorry to hear your vaccine hit you so hard! But now you are immunized against the Plague, so it’s worth it.

Marquis just went to his new home! I wanted to get a picture of him, but didn't really have time yesterday and didn't want to snap a picture of him in the dog crate I placed him in last night after I took him off the roost! Here is the most recent one I have! I think he will be very happy!
View attachment 2633291
Marquis is certainly handsome!

Hi everyone! We've been pretty busy today. Worked on the kitchen for a while, then went out to work in the garden. It gave me an opportunity to watch the flock. Spazzy was off the nest for quite awhile today, I thought she was no longer broody, but nope she headed back in. I picked her up & checked her over, she appears to still be quite healthy.
We needed more soil in one of the garden beds, so we moved the topsoil & cleaned out the coop, adding it into the box & then putting the topsoil over it. It should continue to compost underneath & then next spring we will turn it.
We planted cucumbers, cabbage, kohlrabi, peppers, okra, spaghetti squash, basil & I finally bought an artichoke plant. We forgot to buy Zucchini, so I will pick that up on Friday when I go to town. We still have some tomatoes & watermelon to plant tomorrow after we pull out the tomatoes & beans that you can see behind the cucumber trellis!
We used a metal gazebo that my son had in his attic to make a trellis for the cucumbers.
20210505_163445.jpg

Back
Top Bottom