Our Mixed Flock Journey!

How scary Bob! I'm so glad that they are safe. Smart girls knowing they should hide!đź’ž
It was back this morning. Same time, every other day 5 days running. I have the littles locked in the coop and run. I warned the boss by yelling HAWK! HAWK! They dove for cover (who knew they understand HAWK!) and the hawk turned and flew away.

I have to find some way to keep the flock safe from it.

It was back this morning. Same time, every other day 5 days running. I have the littles locked in the coop and run. I warned the boss by yelling HAWK! HAWK! They dove for cover (who knew they understand HAWK!) and the hawk turned and flew away.

I have to find some way to keep the flock safe from it.
Smart girls! Are your older hens good about keeping a lookout? I think my roo's do a pretty good job, we haven't lost anyone since Madeleine! I hope you can figure out a good way to protect them. :hugs

Smart girls! Are your older hens good about keeping a lookout? I think my roo's do a pretty good job, we haven't lost anyone since Madeleine! I hope you can figure out a good way to protect them. :hugs
They are pretty good at keeping watch. The song bird warnings help to. I am likely going to start leaving everyone locked in until later in the day. I need to get them off of its routine flight path.

They are pretty good at keeping watch. The song bird warnings help to. I am likely going to start leaving everyone locked in until later in the day. I need to get them off of its routine flight path.
That sounds like a good place to start! I hope he loses interest once he realizes he can't get to them.

Good idea! I have read of other people who adopted this strategy as well.

The littles fell in the pool yesterday. Details in this post

Post in thread 'Fluffy Butt Acres: Stories of our flock' https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...es-stories-of-our-flock.1286630/post-25041696

Somehow I get a picture of them as I ran to get them out.
20211025_170024.jpg

Good morning all! I'm afraid AWOL is going to be my status for awhile longer. We are still cutting down tree's. We are getting ready to head to CA and we need to get all of our winterizing done before we leave. We finally found a car to replace our tree smashed Mazda. We fly into LAX, rent a car, drive an hour to the Mazda dealership, pick up our new car, drop off the rental, then drive 400 miles to spend 5 days with my mom. Then we head to LV for a golf trip and we might go check out Zion & possibly Bryce canyons. It's going to be a long trip, but I'm looking forward to it.

Good morning all! I'm afraid AWOL is going to be my status for awhile longer. We are still cutting down tree's. We are getting ready to head to CA and we need to get all of our winterizing done before we leave. We finally found a car to replace our tree smashed Mazda. We fly into LAX, rent a car, drive an hour to the Mazda dealership, pick up our new car, drop off the rental, then drive 400 miles to spend 5 days with my mom. Then we head to LV for a golf trip and we might go check out Zion & possibly Bryce canyons. It's going to be a long trip, but I'm looking forward to it.
We just need photos. Have a great time!

Back
Top Bottom