Our Mixed Flock Journey!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I've been gone so long. I hope you and your families are all doing well. I've missed each and every one of you! I will be checking in on everyone's threads on Wednesday to say hi! I don't think I will ever catch up, so I will just have to jump in where you all are now! :hugs 💗 :hugs

This year has been quite crazy! We've been traveling and we finally caught Covid and then traveling some more! We had planned to go to Florida for our Anniversary...had to cancel and re-book as that's when we caught Covid from our son. He was super sick, hubs was better than him and I was better than both of them, but still felt pretty crummy. After that we were able to take our Anniversary trip. Then we went to OK for our grandson's 2nd birthday...I can't believe he is 2 already, he's growing so fast. When we got home I helped with a huge estate sale for my friends who are both in their 80's. They had to sell and move into town do to medical issues. After that I did a brunch for all of the ladies that helped with the sale, to celebrate our beautiful friend. I really miss having her close by, but at least they moved into the Tri-Cities, which is where I do all of my major shopping. We just got home from a fishing trip and brought home 20 trout, it was very enjoyable. I will be on Jury duty next month and then I will be taking a trip to go see my mom! The place we were hoping for her to move into did not pan out. Hopefully we will get her up here one day. Needless to say it has been a roller coaster ride.

I gave Coco the kitten to my friend...he is one spoiled kitty. We finally had to let the other kitten loose after neutering, it was getting angrier and angrier in captivity.

The Flock is doing well! I lost one of my Welsummer girls after she laid a 4oz egg, it was huge and just too much for her, I was so sad. The girls have all of their feathers back and the boys are just as Cocky as ever!
View attachment 3079306
View attachment 3079313
We have a new addition...we finally got a mate for Shyam. We just let them out for the first time today since we brought her home and they are loving the yard. Shyam was really showing off for Neela, she seemed very unimpressed...lol!
Making a turn!
View attachment 3079291
View attachment 3079351
Am I not Majestic!
View attachment 3079344
Eh, you're okay...😂
View attachment 3079314
One last thing for this post. One of my good friends is a Florist. She took the feathers that Shyam shed last fall and made an arrangement for me. She gave me the vase, she said she's had it for at least 20 years and is certain that she held onto it just for me.🥰
View attachment 3079310
I'm uploading a couple of videos to YouTube of Shyam and Neela. I will post them as soon as they are ready.
Good to hear from you again. And for what it is worth, I think he is stunning!

Hi everyone! I'm sorry that I've been gone so long. I hope you and your families are all doing well. I've missed each and every one of you! I will be checking in on everyone's threads on Wednesday to say hi! I don't think I will ever catch up, so I will just have to jump in where you all are now! :hugs 💗 :hugs

This year has been quite crazy! We've been traveling and we finally caught Covid and then traveling some more! We had planned to go to Florida for our Anniversary...had to cancel and re-book as that's when we caught Covid from our son. He was super sick, hubs was better than him and I was better than both of them, but still felt pretty crummy. After that we were able to take our Anniversary trip. Then we went to OK for our grandson's 2nd birthday...I can't believe he is 2 already, he's growing so fast. When we got home I helped with a huge estate sale for my friends who are both in their 80's. They had to sell and move into town do to medical issues. After that I did a brunch for all of the ladies that helped with the sale, to celebrate our beautiful friend. I really miss having her close by, but at least they moved into the Tri-Cities, which is where I do all of my major shopping. We just got home from a fishing trip and brought home 20 trout, it was very enjoyable. I will be on Jury duty next month and then I will be taking a trip to go see my mom! The place we were hoping for her to move into did not pan out. Hopefully we will get her up here one day. Needless to say it has been a roller coaster ride.

I gave Coco the kitten to my friend...he is one spoiled kitty. We finally had to let the other kitten loose after neutering, it was getting angrier and angrier in captivity.

The Flock is doing well! I lost one of my Welsummer girls after she laid a 4oz egg, it was huge and just too much for her, I was so sad. The girls have all of their feathers back and the boys are just as Cocky as ever!
View attachment 3079306
View attachment 3079313
We have a new addition...we finally got a mate for Shyam. We just let them out for the first time today since we brought her home and they are loving the yard. Shyam was really showing off for Neela, she seemed very unimpressed...lol!
Making a turn!
View attachment 3079291
View attachment 3079351
Am I not Majestic!
View attachment 3079344
Eh, you're okay...😂
View attachment 3079314
One last thing for this post. One of my good friends is a Florist. She took the feathers that Shyam shed last fall and made an arrangement for me. She gave me the vase, she said she's had it for at least 20 years and is certain that she held onto it just for me.🥰
View attachment 3079310
I'm uploading a couple of videos to YouTube of Shyam and Neela. I will post them as soon as they are ready.
So wonderful to have you back. You were missed.

So wonderful to have you back. You were missed.
Hi Bob! Missed you all too. We're still off quite a bit, but I hope to be around a lot more than I have been.
She really does seem unimpressed. 😆
Yeah she does, but she follows him around...well somewhat...lol

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be here and have chickens in our lives again! I was trying to decide if I should wait until my new babies arrive or go ahead and get started with my thread! I have time, so here I am!

Our new chicks should arrive on Wednesday. That will give me time to get their Brooder set up! We ordered 16 chicks: 1 Buff Orpington Rooster & 4 hens, 2 Americana hens, 2 Midnight Majesty Maran hens, 3 Rhode Island Red hens, 1 Salmon Faverolle hen & 3 Welsummer hens.

We already have a chicken coop and pen area, but we are thinking about adding on to both as we used to keep Bantams and these babies will grow to need more room! My husband drew up the plans and built the coop! I will add some more pictures when our weather warms up a bit more, maybe on Tuesday!

I am picking up a crib for $30 in town tomorrow to use for a brooder, barring anything unforeseen happening! I will post pictures of how we set it up!

Thanks for stopping by!
Rene'View attachment 2053035View attachment 2053036
Are you going to make the bottom chicken wire? I’m thinking how are you going to clean it? I love the idea. They are soooo messy.

We are heading out on a quick golf trip today and I want to share a Peafowl update. I heard some dogs barking out by their tree around 2am yesterday morning. The birds hung around in the yard all day yesterday, but this morning Dale saw them on the other side of our property line heading towards the neighbors. I'm afraid the dogs must have come back today and have made them feel unsafe here. Time will tell if they are moving on. :( I really want to put a gate on our driveway to keep our animals safer!

Back
Top Bottom