Our new "neighbor"

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by synoviaus, Oct 24, 2010.

1. synoviaus

synoviaus Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Blountsville, ALabama
    Ok so, I now have proof the Blueticks won't run off game. If they did I wouldn't be sleeping at night. This guy has set up residence under my back doorsteps. He has quite a den hole. The funny thing is that my sister who lives a mile away has one under her steps too. Is this just an Alabama thing or are the Dillers taking over the planet? [​IMG] He's kinda cute. He reminds me of a oppossum in a armored car.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  2. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    [​IMG] He's adorableeee! [​IMG]

3. SallyF

SallyF Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Middle Tennessee
    Interesting. I've never seen one that close before. Usually when I've seen them, they've been road-kill. Thanks for posting the pictures.

4. bock

bock Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2008
    Northern CA
    AWWWW cute! [​IMG]

5. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    Well, we sure don't have them up here [​IMG] . He's so shiny, he almost looks like a ceramic animal.

6. wendy

wendy On the Hill

Jun 14, 2007
    central louisiana
    I have seen them up close, but gun in hand and shot them. Hole diggers and tearing up the yard is what they like to do....and they multiply quite quickly!

7. noodleroo

noodleroo Snuggles with Chickens

Apr 29, 2010
    Rockport, Tx
    Cute, yes however they are a carrier of leoprosy....sorry, but I'd get rid of it...

8. chickenzoo

chickenzoo Emu Hugger

i always thought they were slow and clumsy........... until I saw one haul butt ! They can run. I know they can swim also.... they look like they'd sink, hehe

i don't think you'd have to worry about getting an illness or everyone in the south would be sick...... wait, is that what's happened to us down here..... he he

Last edited: Oct 24, 2010
  9. Alabama ee

Alabama ee Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 18, 2010
    Wow! We are also in AL. I saw one today when out walking.

By the way, I looked up what they ate..and ants, and spiders are at the top of the list. They can eat a TON of ants.

10. bufforp89

bufforp89 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2009
    Chenango Forks NY
    eat it [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by