Our newly vamped coop & enclosure

NorthernMama

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 1, 2012
Northern Alberta, Canada
My fantastic hubby has completed (to the extent needed to move the girls in at least) my new super cute coop & enclosure for my flock.

The enclosure is a 14x14 and the cottage coop is 8x4 inside w/ nesting boxes.(8x6 with the porch)

Still needed is the front door & window + to have a pot light run for a heat lamp for winter use (as we can drop to -40c here). He's said he's going to make the lid for the pot light look like a little chimney to keep with my cutesy style.

coop is 18 inches off the ground so that they can hide underneath for shade during the hot of the day.

Nice job!
clap.gif

I love the outside fence, that's exactly how I did mine when I first built it because I liked how it looked and I figured they'd be a little safer if the predators couldn't easily see them. a couple years later and I have had only one attack inside the coop(i didn't close it for the night). The chickens do like to dig around the bottom of the fence & I used to have 2x4's wedged around the bottom but I can easily rake the dirt back up to it so there's no holes.

PS. I love how the house looks like a little saloon!

Back
Top Bottom