Our Underdog Chick

Hotwings21

In the Brooder
8 Years
Mar 1, 2011
So we have this chick we call Underdog because she seems to be all screwed up. We got her from a friend who I think hatched a bunch of chicks for the first time... don't know if that matters. She is 3-4 weeks old and still very small, but what I first noticed was that her shoulders stick out more than our other chicks almost like a skeletal malformation... so her wings don't lay against her body the same. Then I notice one of her eyeballs is way way popped out compared to the other. If you look at her from the top of her head her one eye is normal and the other seems to be 2-3 times more sticking out of her head... looks like the darn thing is gonna just pop out. So there is that, then I notice she seems to be walking different. Well some of her toes are twisted. We have another chick from the same hatch and this one seems ok, is jumping up on things and seems more active, yet this one moves but doesn't seem to be advancing. This is our first time with chickens and we are wanting them mostly for eggs, but I am wondering if this one should even be used for eggs or meat, I don't know what is wrong.

Back
Top Bottom