out the go!

aran

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 28, 2007
rochester ny
Well I just let 5 young uns in with the main flock. They are (I think..cant really remember LOL) 8weeks old and are fully feathered. They are 1 female rouen duck, 2 australorp pullets, 1 light brahma pullet and 1 RIR pullet. They are doing well...eating and drinking, not getting TOO picked on although some pecking is inevitable...the enclosure is large though so plenty of hiding spots. Thankfully there is no wind today so its cold, but sunny and not windy. Now the baby coop just has bantams and 5 of our muttly mutt chicks we hatched which look to be ALL red sexlink pullets except one which looks to be a white rock pullet...they are only 5 weeks old or thereabouts so their sexes will become more evident in time.
Still have 10 blue orps/ameraucanas in the brooder upstairs doing well...they are awesome colours and are feathering up nicely...probably 3 weeks old now i would guess. I will be moving them out to the heated baby coop in a couple of weeks.

they are all doing fabulously...I am such a slacker not getting pictures taken...Im sorry I will get my act together i promise! The little silver one is my favourite of all of them!

cool.png

rouens can't fly like mallards, right?

nope and nope. Never have seen the beast again although I set traps for weeks. We reinforced the inside of the chainlink run and have a tight wire door around the entry gate into the run. In addition I lock the birds away at night each day...no further casualties.

Our rouens cannot fly although they try.

Back
Top Bottom