Outlaw Chicken Owners - How many are out there - Promise I won't tell.

We are violating out HOA rules here too. The rules allow domestic animals so we could split hairs over definitions. The time has come to address the movement toward being able to provide some food sources on your own in neighborhoods. Really, backyard chickens for eggs is not much different than raising your own vegetables in your garden. These laws are antiquated and society is changing.

Still is a lot of misconceptions out there. I was speaking to a business associate just today and mentioned chickens - she immediately wrinkled her nose and mentioned the smell. I almost passed on the comment but came back to it to educate her a little. One person at a time!

9 and doing well. no noise or odor.
wee.gif

I'm semi-legal... As in 3 of my lovely ladies are legal. The other 5 girls and my roo are outlaws. Fortunately we're moving in about 6 months and will have plenty of room for all the chickens we want
wee.gif

We are the proud owners of 5 Rhode Island hens, 1 RIR roo, 10 Barred Plymouth Rock hens, 2 Bantam hens & 1 Bantam roo. All of them outlaws according to our HOA. W got a little carried away! Couldn't stop ourselves from loving every chick we saw.
jumpy.gif

I checked my laws and i'm ok. NYC the greatest city in the world
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
D.gif
..who would have thought I could have chickens in this city.
ya.gif
with NO LIMIT but sorry no roosters

Last edited:
We are allowed six, but ssshhhhh! Don't tell! We have an extra chick in the brooding box...and you never know, I may become too attatched to all my babies to let anyone go.

I'm such a rebel
tongue2.gif
. lol

Never asked, but have seen chickens in different parts of town. I live 3 blocks from city hall/police station, so no roosters, just 2 very well behaved quiet SLW hens. Keeping a low profile..........but will get a few more this spring. MUHAHA!!!!!

Obviously chickens are getting a bad rap.

I don't know if Lyme Disease is a problem where any of you live, but here in the northeast it's terrible. You would think health issues alone would be an argument for keeping a few chickens, because they are great at spotting and eating those tiny ticks. If we had more chickens, we'd have less Lyme Disease.

In fact, I'd go so far as to say it's against national health concerns NOT to have chickens. Every household should be ordered to have at least two.

lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom