Over 72 hours in the mail

I don’t show them at my PO yet or I would be there. They are from Ideal, but this issue is all PO. They sat in Atlanta for about 18 hours. And I have ducklings and goslings in my order. The last time we ordered babies (2011), the PO called around 0530 IIRC.

OMG...I'm getting chickens in July from MyPetChicken.com and this is my NIGHTMARE. I feel so bad for you. I really hope your babies make it. Although, it can't possibly be THAT hot there, is it (even in a truck)? It's snowing here in Utah (wanna trade places?). Anyway, hoping you get your babies safe and alive.

None of my 5 KCs survived, and 3 of the 4 warmth chicks died. We have one very weak chick, the smaller gosling is questionable, the bigger gosling is eating and drinking. The smaller gosling has eaten and drank, she (I assume the smaller one is my female haha) is cuddled up against the warm rice sock I put in the mama cave. Big boy is out wandering the brooder. I forced a little water on the chick and tucked him against the sock. Pretty sure he isn’t going to make it. Maybe he will surprise me.

I am so sorry. Thankfully it wasn’t all of them but even that many is inexcusable. Did you put Nutri drench or a little sugar in the warm water? Maybe you can get them to take some by using a syringe with out a needle even just along the bill They will set some. Or dipping their beaks and bills into the water.

Back
Top Bottom