Overland Park, Kansas Backyard Chickens

marlowesmomma

In the Brooder
6 Years
Apr 12, 2013
Has anyone in OP, KS applied for a special use permit and been approved? I called the city to find out how to apply and was told not to waste my time, that I would absolutely, without a doubt, be denied. He then added that he would be happy to take my $50 for the permit application though.
barnie.gif

Well, if it were me, I'd be reading up all the laws/regulations for your city...asap! I'm assuming by "special permit" you mean for chickens?

Also, look up the KANSAS forum board here at BYC..someone with better insight can help you I'm sure...good luck!
caf.gif

Well, if it were me, I'd be reading up all the laws/regulations for your city...asap! I'm assuming by "special permit" you mean for chickens?

Also, look up the KANSAS forum board here at BYC..someone with better insight can help you I'm sure...good luck!
caf.gif
I already read them, thanks. :)
They require a special use permit to keep hens. I was curious if anyone had applied for, and been granted that permit. :)

I already read them, thanks. :)
They require a special use permit to keep hens. I was curious if anyone had applied for, and been granted that permit. :)
Can you go to the Hall of Records and do some research and see how many special use permits for chickens have been granted...and to WHO? You might be able to get ahold of them personally and get the "real" scoop...just thinkin' !!
frow.gif

Back
Top Bottom