Overnight Growth

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by Stacykins, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Stacykins

Stacykins Overrun With Chickens

Jan 19, 2011
    Escanaba, MI
    This is the first time I've ever raised ducklings. My pekins are two weeks old now. Is it just my imagination, or do they almost seem to grow overnight? I mean, each morning they definitely look bigger than the last evening! I read that ducklings are fast growers but WOW, they're growing like weeds! They're all lanky and leggy, but so much bigger.

2. casslarrabee225

casslarrabee225 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2011
    Mid-Coast, Maine
    My Coop
    They grow SO fast. It's really amazing. They are not little tiny fluffy balls for very long at all! lol!

3. Baylor

Baylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 25, 2011
    They grow super fast I would swear they double in size each week! My son is measuring his growing ducks for a math project and just in the past week his ducks bodies grew by 1/2 in circumference (they are 9 weeks old now) and their feet grew as well.[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 26, 2012
  4. Tivona

Tivona Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Oregon
    I weighed my first batch daily for 2 weeks. My duckling that grew the fastest started at day 2 after hatch at 2.35oz. At day 14 she was 15oz. [​IMG]They grow so fast....

5. Ilovemyduckies

Ilovemyduckies Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2012
    They do grow really fast.

6. Amiga

Amiga Overrun with Runners Premium Member

Jan 3, 2010
    Southern New England
    I remember thinking my Runners' legs grew a half an inch their first night!

Seemed like first their legs grew the most, then their bodies and bills elongated, then their necks, then they filled out, and last of all their wings grew.

So precious!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by