Owl eating all my pets at night!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SilkieCRZYness

Songster
11 Years
Jun 9, 2008
Florida
It started about a month ago i had 2 pekin ducks full grown, a pair and one just dissapeared, right before dusk one night, no feathers missing and i thought it was some dogs that run loose around here. then a few monrings later the other one is gone. again no mess just clean gone. i had one juvenile muscovy two and he also dissapered. My outdoor car nala who ive had for 2 years just became missing last week and no signs of dog prints or a torn up cat. and tonight, i let my 8 week old d'uccles free range before dark and i just walked out there to put them back, Its about dark and one is just missing. ive been reading and im convinced its a great horned owl as i live in the thick woods and only at night. ive seen it in trees before but had no idea or else it would have been toast. i here they eat opossums, skunks and stuff soo everything its eaten seems to be perfect size for the 5 and 1/2 foot wingspan bird. ANYONE have any ideas what i could do, i guess get my camo on and wait with my 22 right before dusk???? maybe use a roo i plan on selling as a guinee pig? thanks for the ideas!!!!

Im not going to tell you to kill it,however they are extremely easy to call in. you can call them in in broad daylight .you can download almost any game call you want for free online.
big_smile.png

Well I am not offering advice either but I do believe it is illigal to kill them it is here anyway. Just thought I would let you know that. Good luck.

i understand it is illegal, and i really dont want to to be honest. maybe some bird shot with the puiny 410 will just scare him away forever hahaha. What am i suppose to do just keep my animals locked up 24/7 and make all 40 chickens and 4 new baby ducks lifes miserable??? they deserve to be free just like u and me. Something tells me that if this was happening to ur pets, not livestock, PETS that u care and love and spend lots of money on, that u wouldnt care if eat all ur animals? NO, somethings in life call for unlawful actions that even law officials at the own home might do and just make it there new secret. well just see if it comes in before dark tom and maybe see if my scope is still on line hhahaha

I think ya might of misunderstood me I was telling you it was illigal so that you could apply the 3 S's to your post

Shoot
Shovel
SHUT UP

Sorry to yell but on the net you never know who is watching and who will find ya and you just announced that you will be killing a protected animal. Was just giving you a heads up and looking out for your welfare, not telling ya what to do.

I raise chickens, am i attached yes, our some pets yes, do I get upset when something happens to them yes. Do I apply the 3 S's yes, well I call someone else that is till my shooting lesson start and I have the know how so nobody gets hurt and nothing suffers.

When you see the 3's or sss it means that you shoot the varmit, bury the varmit and don't tell anyone that you did it in case you can get arrested for it.

i understand ur post clearly, i was just explaining whats going through my head. i def plan on taking care of my problem and if ne one was watching on here, well, then im guessing they understand bc there a member if they can veiw my profile and the obvoiusly have chickens as PETS and prolly understand ya know. listen, my gfs yorkie, 600 dolla dog wieghs like idk 5lbs i think and we let it out just real quick at night out the front door to pee for like 2 mins, and thats all that bird needs and lets just say if that things swooped silently and took that dog, well, words couldnt despcribe what she would go through. soo, that birdy best not answer the call that im buying tom at bass pro and come withing a 100 yards bc i will be making a new pillow with a new type of feathers.

it means if you have a problem animal to shoot it and kill it. then dispose of the body and dont tell anybody what happened. and dont tell anyone your plans on a messageboard.

the history of SSS goes way back to the Hatfield and McCoys when one of their dogs kept killing the others chickens and finally one of them was like "lookie here, if this here dog comes back on my property i'ma gonna shoot it!" and the other one didnt restrain his dog so his neighbor shot it. And then the neighbor got all ticked off when his dog went missing and retaliated by burning down his neighbors barn. thus starting a huge feud.

Beefy I din't know that thanks for the tidbit.

I am the last person not to understand about pets and animals getting them I have 3 chihuahua's and the neighbors are a raptor rescue and instead of turning those birds loose on Gov land they are turning them loose in their (translation mine as well) backyard. I am out with my dogs at all times. They also turn their Auss shepard and their pit bull (they say not one) dog loose. I lost 18 of my 11 week old chickens to those dogs (only 5 were roos). The whole neighbor hood has had it and if those dogs are loose again someone will kill them. Will I feel bad no I been telling them for 5 years to keep their animals in their yard. I understand the escape with the owner right behind it but not the turn and let run the neighborhood.

So you do what you need to do I got no problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom