Oxymav b for respiratory disease

ChickenWhisperer26

In the Brooder
May 15, 2019
my rooster came down with a respiratory infection. I have isolated him and bought some Oxymav b to treat him with. Has anyone else used Oxymav b for respiratory disease and what success did you have with it?

Thanks

Oxytetracycline is useful in treating mycoplaama gallisepticum (MG, CRD.) It will not treat viruses or coryza. Getting the correct dosage and getting him to drink the water is key to a successful treatment. 10 mg per Kg daily is a good dosage for chickens.

Usually oxytet is given for 7 days in the water, or a maximum of 14 days. If no improvement is seen in 2-3 days, youmay need a different drug, or you may be dealing with a virus. Oxymav is one brand of oxytetracycline that is used in pigeons.

Usually oxytet is given for 7 days in the water, or a maximum of 14 days. If no improvement is seen in 2-3 days, youmay need a different drug, or you may be dealing with a virus. Oxymav is one brand of oxytetracycline that is used in pigeons.
Hello! I bought oxymav for my sick chook. If she's 1.6kg, and with 5mg per 50ml, does this mean 16mg in 160ml per day for a week? Can I give her other water if she drinks all the antibiotic water? Thanks!

Hello! I bought oxymav for my sick chook. If she's 1.6kg, and with 5mg per 50ml, does this mean 16mg in 160ml per day for a week? Can I give her other water if she drinks all the antibiotic water? Thanks!
Just wondering how you went with the oxymav b and your sick Chook ?.. I’m just treating all my chooks with it as one has a facial oedema so has a respiratory infection!

Back
Top Bottom